It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Strut top plate help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:41 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey guys, brand new here. Firstly thanks for an awesome Jeep resource.

I need some help. Have a lift kit from here in Australia that I'm installing soon, but I am searching for some top plates to level it. The lift is 2" so I'm after some plates to get me rocky another inch in the front as its currently 1 inch lower then the rear. The problem is this. I can find plates as a pair from jba for $27 usd which is great but postage is $100usd..
I'm not tight with my money but I've bought harley parts from USA for over 10 years and paid less postage for full exhaust systems? I can't find plates from any source willing to post for less then 100.
If someone is able, could you buy me some plates and post them? I'll PayPal you all the cash prior to you purchasing so your not out of pocket of course and there will definitely be a bit in it for whoever can help.
Thanks guys
Or if anyone has a source that can post to Sydney for reasonable

Post subject: Re: Strut top plate help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:33 am 
LOST Member

If you send me your email I have files to help you make your own. I have pdfs and autocad files. If you can find a local fab shop that can import a .dwg or .did file into their plasma, laser, or waterer table they can cut them for you. Aluminum works just fine.

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:55 am 

What about using a clevis spacer instead? :roll:
You can make your own or simply use some large conduit nuts stacked together.

https://jeepinbyal.com/clevis-spacer-fo ... truts.html
JeepInByAl wrote:
Clevis rings go between the strut and clevis or strut fork and gives extra lift on the front end.
These rings can be used to lift and level the front end of the Jeep with the back end.
.250" Clevis Spacer = about 1/2" of lift.
.375" Clevis Spacer = about 3/4" of lift.
.500" Clevis Spacer = about 1.0" of lift.

:SOMBRERO:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:38 pm 
LOST Newbie

Or just have JBA send the plates to Portland OR and they’ll be forwarded to you: https://shopmate.auspost.com.au

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks guys for the tips etc. Read about 12458657 different threads and opinions and decided in not even going to use a spacer, for a 1/2 inch offcut of brass bar, will use that as my measure then just re torque the clevis bolt to 100lbs. No need for a spacer just for measure so all good. Again, thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:34 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Drew65kj wrote:
Thanks guys for the tips etc. Read about 12458657 different threads and opinions and decided in not even going to use a spacer, for a 1/2 inch offcut of brass bar, will use that as my measure then just re torque the clevis bolt to 100lbs. No need for a spacer just for measure so all good. Again, thanks

1/2 inch :ROTFL:
NO

Post subject: Strut top plate help
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

For the small cost of a clevis spacer ($17USD) I wouldn’t instead over torque the clevis bolt, that is top level dodgy! An offcut of brass bar would already be near that amount. You’ll also need to check it often to be sure it hasn’t moved. I assume you understand that a strut top plate is superior to a clevis spacer? I’ve not seen anyone using a clevis spacer with a good quality lift, whereas a strut top plate is mostly standard. It’s your Jeep so your decision.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 4:19 pm 
LOST Member

You can do ~1/2" with the longer KK fork... or stack up the 2" conduit nuts to your liking. I'm doing both.