It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AC Compressor Bearing Failure
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:27 pm 
LOST Newbie

I just replaced the bearing in my AC compressor pulley. I cannot get the bearing back onto the compressor shaft, what are some easy ways to get it on? Also, the groove for the snap ring to hold the bearing is broken off. Is it a big problem if I do not have a snap ring? I also think that my clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced. One side of the plate is shiny metal and has a groove while the other side does not. I have a 05 Liberty Limited 3.7L. What size belt would work to temporarily bypass the AC compressor while I wait for new parts or get it fixed?

Post subject: Re: AC Compressor Bearing Failure
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 7:04 am 
LOST Newbie

zarnold16 wrote:
I just replaced the bearing in my AC compressor pulley. I cannot get the bearing back onto the compressor shaft, what are some easy ways to get it on? Also, the groove for the snap ring to hold the bearing is broken off. Is it a big problem if I do not have a snap ring? I also think that my clutch is worn out and needs to be replaced. One side of the plate is shiny metal and has a groove while the other side does not. I have a 05 Liberty Limited 3.7L. What size belt would work to temporarily bypass the AC compressor while I wait for new parts or get it fixed?

If the groove to hold bearing retaining snap ring is broken off then that is a major problem...There will be nothing to hold your bearings in place and you could end up with a catastrophic failure of the pump whilst your driving which will throw the belt and possible cause other damage. Sounds like you either need to replace the whole pump or try a breakers yard, they might have a used one with the parts you need to repair it.