It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Abs module bad
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:14 pm 
LOST Member

Anyone ever had an abs module go bad? Im getting codes for no comm to abs, all wheel speed sensors, erratic performance etc. havent had a chance to check the wiring just wanted to see if anyone else has had this happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Abs module bad
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:55 pm 
LOST Member

Might be better to abandon it... can you pull the fuse? Have two KJ's without ABS - factory ('04 auto and '05 manual.)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 5:39 pm 
LOST Member

u2slow wrote:
Might be better to abandon it... can you pull the fuse? Have two KJ's without ABS - factory ('04 auto and '05 manual.)

Id like to, but its not just abs, its traction control and esp, plus the wife doesnt like me driving the new baby around without those safety features....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:57 pm 
LOST Member

andrew.wenmoth wrote:
u2slow wrote:

Id like to, but its not just abs, its traction control and esp, plus the wife doesnt like me driving the new baby around without those safety features....

^ Two more options not present on models without ABS.

Sometimes you can get a shop to do a 'free' diagnostic/quote if you toss them some other minor work (oil change, alignment, etc.) If the module is bad, shop for a used one (w/warranty) on www.car-part.com and install yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

u2slow wrote:
andrew.wenmoth wrote:
u2slow wrote:

Sometimes you can get a shop to do a 'free' diagnostic/quote if you toss them some other minor work (oil change, alignment, etc.) If the module is bad, shop for a used one (w/warranty) on http://www.car-part.com and install yourself.

If the ABS module is actually bad you will need to have it programmed to the vehicle.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:27 pm 
LOST Member

tjkj2002 wrote:
u2slow wrote:
andrew.wenmoth wrote:
[quote="u2slow"]Might be better to abandon it... can you pull the fuse? Have two KJ's without ABS - factory ('04 auto and '05 manual.)

Sometimes you can get a shop to do a 'free' diagnostic/quote if you toss them some other minor work (oil change, alignment, etc.) If the module is bad, shop for a used one (w/warranty) on http://www.car-part.com and install yourself.

If the ABS module is actually bad you will need to have it programmed to the vehicle.[/quote]
If it is bad, could i buy a mopar one (rockauto has them, most likely cheaper than dealer) and install, obviously setting off the lights, then drive to the dealer to have it programmed or will it throw it in limp mode before programming? This is all under the assumption that programming a vin to the module is a dealer only feature.