It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Can someone help me here?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 5:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

I saw a post on one of the lift kit forums and people obviously post their before and after pictures. I think lifting my KJ isn't very practical if I'm going to probably get an entirely new car soon. I am 16 and this is my first car. I need new tires soon and saw that there was a guy that looked like he had bigger tires than stock in his before picture. I would PM him, but it's been years since he's touched this site. Can anyone tell me what size tire he is running?
It's obvious he's trimmed the bumper, which I would really prefer not to do. If I can't figure out what tire this is, I am going to go with 255/65r16 General AT2s. I really like the bigger sidewalls and aggressive tread patternin the picture though.
Thanks.

Post subject: Re: Can someone help me here?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:33 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

mfreier wrote:
I saw a post on one of the lift kit forums and people obviously post their before and after pictures. I think lifting my KJ isn't very practical if I'm going to probably get an entirely new car soon. I am 16 and this is my first car. I need new tires soon and saw that there was a guy that looked like he had bigger tires than stock in his before picture. I would PM him, but it's been years since he's touched this site. Can anyone tell me what size tire he is running?
It's obvious he's trimmed the bumper, which I would really prefer not to do. If I can't figure out what tire this is, I am going to go with 255/65r16 General AT2s. I really like the bigger sidewalls and aggressive tread patternin the picture though.
Thanks.

Dumb move sorry but thats the facts
Sagged springs etc bet you are below new stock height so stock size is about it
possibly 245-70-16s is it
measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare to sitting on level ground left front. Report back

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:33 pm 

mfreier wrote:
Thanks.

measure from middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare to sitting on level ground left front. Report back

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:37 am 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
mfreier wrote:
Thanks.

It's about 18 inches and it's supposed to be about 19 right?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:06 am 

Yes after April 12, 2002 they were 19 inches, so you're already an inch lower than new stock height

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm 
LOST Newbie

tommudd wrote:
Yes after April 12, 2002 they were 19 inches, so you're already an inch lower than new stock height

Would 245/70r16s still fit if i added 1.25 inch spacers to bump it out off the sway bar?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:45 pm 

mfreier wrote:
tommudd wrote:

Would 245/70r16s still fit if i added 1.25 inch spacers to bump it out off the sway bar?

No, just make rubbing even worse on other parts
It is sagging, even new stock 245-70-16s are close, add in sag in the springs ( plus they will keep sagging more ) it will be tight
Now moving the wheel / tire out more it will rub on flares etc
Two choices, stock size tires or save up for a good quality spring and shock set up LIKE OME

mfreier wrote:
tommudd wrote:

It is sagging, even new stock 245-70-16s are close, add in sag in the springs ( plus they will keep sagging more ) it will be tight
Two choices, stock size tires or save up for a good quality spring and shock set up LIKE OME

mfreier wrote:
tommudd wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:02 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

A stock vehicle easily fits 235/75/16s and they look pretty good too...and then ever with a lift the same tires still look and work great. Best choice IMO for stock vehicles

Mods: GDE Hot Tune w/ 364#@2000rpm/Air Box /3" Str8 Exhaust/ASFIR Alum Skids/245-75R-16 Cooper STT PRO/OME LIFT w/Clevis & 4 Spring Isos/AirTabs/Rigid 10" S2 LED/4xGuard Ctr Matrix Bumper
Drag Strip:Reac=.1078_60ft=2.224_1/8=10.39@64.8mph_1/4+16.46@80.8mph

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:37 pm 
LOST Member

Get some low mileage KK strut assemblies from a wrecker? Probably not sagged as much yet, and the clevis forks are ~1/2" longer. :juggle:

The wheel wells are restrictive on these Jeeps.