It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Turn signal not working - passenger front only
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2019 5:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

I've got a strange one for you. The flasher click started running fast on right turns, and sure enough I found that the bulb was burned out on the right front. I replaced the bulb, and to my dismay the clicker was still going fast. Look at the signal, and no light either. Only the right rear was actually flashing.

I checked fuses 7, 9, 11, and 39 (which were listed in the wiring diagram at http://www.colorado4wheel.com/manuals/J ... Manual.pdf )
and all of them were fine.

So I used a multimeter, and no voltage was going to any of the leads at the turn signal except when I had the parking lights on...and then only to the appropriate lead. Ground seemed solid on the black lead to that assembly, so I assumed that the red lead went to the signal light. But no power there.

So I replaced the emergency flasher/relay switch in the center of the dashboard. Clicking speed back to normal, but still no light on the right front signal.

Then I replaced the multifunction switch in the column. No change at all.

So I'm having a hard time troubleshooting this now. For one thing, the wiring colors on that diagram I listed above don't seem to match. What should be a red lead is listed (if I read the diagram right) as being WT/OR, or white with an orange stripe.

Anybody else run into this and can point me in some kind of reasonable direction? I'd appreciate it!

At 138k, new head & gasket, timing belt, rockers and swearing vocabulary