It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Voltage of Injector connectors
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:34 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi All,
Does anyone know what the voltage on all the connectors going to each injector should be? I am getting 1.3 volts with key on. I cannot find anywhere what it should be, i assume 12 volts. I just finished a head gasket/timing job and the bugger won't start after bleeding the fuel lines and just doing more trouble shooting.
Thanks,

Post subject: Re: Voltage of Injector connectors
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 12:15 pm 
LOST Member

You can't use a volt meter to reliably check the voltage to the injectors. They are controlled using pulse width modulation and, as such, they receive a constantly varying voltage sent in pulses to meter the fuel correctly. This could really only be monitored using an oscilloscope or similar device. As to what they should be with the key on, engine off, I can't really say. If you're getting any voltage at all then they are probably plugged in correctly. How did you bleed the fuel lines? Also, there are two sensors near the back of the fuel rail that are interchangeable but will prevent the engine from running if swapped. The fuel rail pressure sensor and CAM position sensor??? I can't remember off the top of my head! Make sure you didn't mix them up during installation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:28 pm 

Noid test lights are used for testing the signal going to injectors
Can be bought on line or at some parts stores

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the suggestions, I found the issue afterwards. I wasn't getting enough fuel pressure. Thought it might have been the solenoid at the back of the rail dumping the fuel so i disconnected that line to see if any fuel was being dumped when trying to start, there was no fuel which was good. So then to test whether it was a faulty injector, I got an M12 1.5 bolt to start plugging each injector line and then end of a drill bit to cut off the return line. The first injector i cut fuel to and tried to start, it started up so it was a faulty injector. It's a poor mans way of testing the injector but it helps and hopefully could help someone else having a fuel pressure issue.