It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ABS/ESC/ESP Lights and ABS Triggering In Normal Conditions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

A few weeks ago I started noticing that my ABS would kick in randomly on dry payment, even during slower stops. At first this was mild, but now it's getting a little more dangerous as it's sometimes causing more sudden stops than I was planning. Also, every now and then the ABS/ESC/ESP lights will pop on all at once but will go on and off. They don't stay on long.

I took it into a shop and they couldn't recreate the issue, but they pulled a code for a speed sensor. (I have an OBD scanner that will text me when it detects codes, but nothing has shown up around this so I don't know if there are codes that only show for other tools. It has worked well for other issues so I know it works.) After spending $140 for them to install a cheap speed sensor, it started doing it again almost immediately after I pulled away from the shop.

Could this be another issue or do you think they installed it badly, or swapped out the wrong one? I'm done with that shop but I wanted to know a little bit more of what I should look into before I take it somewhere else, or if I could possibly do the work myself.

Just wanted to note that I'm a newbie to knowing more about cars. I've always taken everything to the shop but I'm trying to learn to do repairs myself, so DIY suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks!

Post subject: Re: ABS/ESC/ESP Lights and ABS Triggering In Normal Conditio
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm having abs issues myself. Do you know how to pull the abs codes?

ticking sound

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:23 am 
LOST Member

No answer on pulling codes, but the rear sensors on a n '0e are inexpensive at NAPA and reasonably easy to replace.

There are several threads here about diagnosing the wiring and swapping the rear sensors.

I haven't had issues or experience with the front sensors.

Some of the issue can come from the wiring under the seats and/or where it passes through the floor under the rear seat carpeting can get pinched and short circuit.

Another issue is the wiring after it leaves the body and routes to the axle and sensors because it's out in the open/elements.

Some people have had problems at the rear sockets on the rear axle where the sensor plugs in, there is a splice kit that comes with a new socket and a few inches of wiring if the problem is in the socket.

Good luck.
People with actual knowledge on the site can provide more detail.

- Weeks Kit Stage 1.
- Weeks Kit Stage 2.
- JBA 2.5 inch Silver kit and UCAs installed at 125K miles.
- Weeks supplied Samco Intercooler Hoses and clamps.

Waiting for time, limber fingers, and good weather to do my HDS Model 001 Thermostat unit swap.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had a similar issue a couple months ago, all three lights would come on intermittently. When you pulled the code, did it say which sensor? I borrowed a friend's Auto ingenuity code reader and said which sensor it was. I replaced the sensor yet still had the issue. For me it was the rear left one. I ended up unbolting the back seats, pulling back the carpet to where the two rear sensors connected into the harness, I then used a multi-meter and checked for continuity from the connector under the seat to the connector to the sensor, one of the wires had a break in it and I just cut and spliced in another wire.
Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:29 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks, I just noticed the cruise control doesn't work anymore so now it's urgent haha. What year is your liberty?

ticking sound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Mine's an 06. I also had an issue with all three lights still being on when the issue said front right sensor after replacing the sensor. It ended up being a bad hub, I replaced the hub assy and all was good again. You can get inexpensive hubs at Autoshack. Your cruise control will not work when you have the ABS/ESC/ESP lights on.