It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: JK front bumper on 05 Liberty?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

Had an idea tonight looking around...The front end of a JK looks somewhat similar to a Liberty. Similar curves, at least from pictures. Has anyone attempted to adapt a JK Wrangler grille to a Liberty?

Here's my thought process:
I don't want an ARB. Too much weight. The diesel already makes the rig front-heavy. I'm looking for something that appears factory and professional, without weighing a ton. I'm a pretty good fabricator.

If the JK bumper could be adapted, it opens up the world of winch mounting plates for the JK. I've seen guys adapt bumpers with nothing more than some 2" square tubing and 1/4" x 4" flat plate. Easy.
Vertically Driven Products makes a high-clearance end-cap kit that might deal with the bizzare lines the Liberty bumper follows around the fenders and flairs:
https://www.quadratec.com/products/12106_0005_07.htm

Wrangler owners will all but give their bumpers away. Might need to find one and get a tape measure out...

Post subject: Re: JK front bumper on 05 Liberty?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:33 am 
LOST Newbie

the bumper on the picture is pretty big, so I don't think it would line up with the KJ correctly, but the size close.

I've seen a short stabby bumper mounted on a KJ with minimum modifications. You may want to check it out here: http://forbiddenjeeps.com/forum/jeep-te ... er-on-a-kj