It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: KJ Liberty CRD - P0193, P0652, limp mode and P0299
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey All!

first time post here, but been on forums for aircooled VWs since 08. Been fixing cars fir over 12 years now, Honda factory trained tech...blah blah. Makes me sound smarter then i am ;)

Just got my hands on a 2005 liberty CRD for my little sister. One owner, 113k miles. Minimal issues so far...replaced parking brake shoes, found a previous patch on transmission cooler lines and tightened the leaking hose clamps...then pressure washed the engine to clean up the mess it had left.....

Only to end up with a CEL!

I have a P0652 that sets instantly on key on at all times. Cant make it go away.

As a result, p0193, and limp mode, which causes p0299. (Fuel Pressure sensor reading high, goes to limp mode, boost limited causes low boost code)

Prior to washing the engine it ran fantastic. Great power, smooth and quiet. No issues besides cooler line leak.

I have cleaned the grounds behind brake booster (1) top of fender (2) and under headlight (1post 2 wires) which i moved to the brake boost ground pin because they were so badly corroded i couldnt get the bolt out.

I have wiggled and dried out the connectors on the pressure sensor at the rail, the computer by the left fender (rear of battery) (which was dry and clean contacts) and the computer on the right fender.(which was full of water after wash)
Replaced one 10am fuse under the hood that was corroded also.

I found the connector on the right side of the fuel filter to be melted and funky, cleaned best i could and reinstalled. No issues up to this point but once the p0652 code goes away its on a to do list. Thats for the fuel heater/water in fuel sensor, right?

I have not pulled wires off the FCM (forward and under the battery) to see what they look like yet.

Im running out of ideas, i refuse to buy parts until its a confirmed failure. So i wont just toss new sensors on it.

Considering it says reference voltage is low, is there a powered wire i can check for the 5v reference?

The sensor on the rail, not solenoid, sensor, is getting 5v. Its returning 4.9v roughly. Plugged in. Not totally sure i tested that one correctly...

Read through the other 4 threads with these two codes (0652, and 0193, the two that come back) mentioned, all others have either a no start or major running issue. Mines smooth and limp mode. Starts every time, no changes otherwise.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Re: KJ Liberty CRD - P0193, P0652, limp mode and P0299
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 9:33 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Might try reposting in CRD...Love that torque

most of the CRD folks don't go out of the section - too much spam

I had a P0299 - that was the plastic connector to the turbo vacuum sensor (controls the vane position)
found a replacement pack at O'Reilly's for $2

had a P0193 (and intermittent P0192) that were the wires going to the pressure sensor
I taped things so they didn't move and it's gone - to fix it - I need to pull the wiring bundle - not sure I'm ready for that.

WWDiesel tends to have really good troubleshooting suggestions

general Noob guide
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=54207