It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Need ball joints, upgrades for my 3” lift?
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

My lower ball joints are shot, wondering what upgrades to consider? I have a 3” lift, running 265/70/16s. Also, my front driveshaft is clanging, mech says you have to replace the whole thing, not just CV joint, yes?

Post subject: Re: Need ball joints, upgrades for my 3” lift?
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 8:42 pm 

The front driveshaft CV Joint rebuild/replacement kits are available from two different online vendors.
The kits comes with new CV joints, new rubber boots, and the special grease for the driveshaft joints.
You do not have to replace the entire driveshaft, that is total BS.
Keep in mind, the complete driveshaft assembly is a special length for the Jeep Liberty CRD and can be very hard to find.
3.7 Gasser versions will not properly fit the diesel models, they are a different length.

Driveshaft Parts.com
https://www.driveshaftparts.com/
&
Detroit Axle.com
https://www.detroitaxle.com/

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2021 10:53 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
The front driveshaft CV Joint rebuild/replacement kits are available from two different online vendors.
The kits comes with new CV joints, new rubber boots, and the special grease for the driveshaft joints.
You do not have to replace the entire driveshaft, that is total BS.
Keep in mind, the complete driveshaft assembly is a special length for the Jeep Liberty CRD and can be very hard to find.
3.7 Gasser versions will not properly fit the diesel models, they are a different length.

Driveshaft Parts.com
https://www.driveshaftparts.com/
&
Detroit Axle.com
https://www.detroitaxle.com/

Thanks WW, any preference on control arms and ball joints? Moog vs. JBA, or other? I guess JBA has serviceable ball joints, pricey though. Any reason to change the lower control arms? Anything else while I am in there?

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 am 

Mrgabesir wrote:
Thanks WW, any preference on control arms and ball joints? Moog vs. JBA, or other? I guess JBA has serviceable ball joints, pricey though. Any reason to change the lower control arms? Anything else while I am in there?

Moog's are good units. On the lowers, just change the ball joint and get the one that is greaseable.
On the upper, you have to replace the whole control arm.

Upper:
MOOG Part # CK3198
TRW JTC1585 – Autozone: CA8597

Lower:
MOOG Part # K80767

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2021 11:26 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
Mrgabesir wrote:

Moog's are good units. On the lowers, just change the ball joint and get the one that is greaseable.

Upper:
MOOG Part # CK3198

Lower:
MOOG Part # K80767

So I've ordered moog uppers, lower ball joints, and outer tie rod ends (assuming they will mesh with stock inners, just thought it would be worth getting the greasable parts in there before getting it aligned). Is it general practice to replace the bushings as you go, or just check for wear?

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 11:01 pm 
LOST Member

Mrgabesir wrote:
WWDiesel wrote:
Mrgabesir wrote:

Upper:
MOOG Part # CK3198

Lower:
MOOG Part # K80767

So I've ordered moog uppers, lower ball joints, and outer tie rod ends (assuming they will mesh with stock inners, just thought it would be worth getting the greasable parts in there before getting it aligned). Is it general practice to replace the bushings as you go, or just check for wear?

If you need to replace the bushings get the complete arms.

Also I've installed many Mevotech TTX ball joint and they look really strong !

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:25 am 
LOST Newbie

I recently bought an 05 CRD with a broken lower ball joint that obviously needs replacing. I also plan on putting a lift on the truck. I have gone through pretty much every part and replacing with Moog parts.

I have had a lot of experience with Moog parts on may other vehicles in the pas. IMHO, we’ll worth the money. Especially with a lift and a vehicle that will be putting additional stress on parts.

The CV shaft also needed replacing on mine. I got a new unit through Advance Auto Parts. Came in in a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:17 pm 

RockinRam96 wrote:
I recently bought an 05 CRD with a broken lower ball joint that obviously needs replacing. I also plan on putting a lift on the truck. I have gone through pretty much every part and replacing with Moog parts.
I have had a lot of experience with Moog parts on may other vehicles in the pas. IMHO, we’ll worth the money. Especially with a lift and a vehicle that will be putting additional stress on parts.
The CV shaft also needed replacing on mine. I got a new unit through Advance Auto Parts. Came in in a few days.

FYI NOTE: The CV axle shafts on the diesel powered Jeep Liberty CRD's are a unique length onto themselves.
The CV axle shafts on gas powered Liberty's use different length shafts and although they will fit & function, they will not last very long.
Make sure they provided you with the correct axle shaft assemblies for a 2.8 diesel powered CRD Liberty and not for a gas powered vehicle.

Quote:
Exact Fit for 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited w/2.8 CID 4X4 w/545RFE Transmission
NAPA Axles (reman) Line: NAPA Premium CV Shafts
Front – Driver/Left side - NCV 940085-- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.74 in.
Front – Passenger/Right side - NCV 940084 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.7 in.

Autozone: Line Duralast Gold
Front – Driver/Left side: 10168N -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.74 in.
Front – Passenger/Right side: 10169N -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.7 in.

Advance Auto Parts: Line Carquest Premium
Front – Driver/Left side: NCV82013 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23 13/16 in
Front – Passenger/Right side - NCV82014 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23 11/16 in

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:30 am 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
RockinRam96 wrote:

FYI NOTE: The CV axle shafts on the diesel powered Jeep Liberty CRD's are a unique length onto themselves.
The CV axle shafts on gas powered Liberty's use different length shafts and although they will fit & function, they will not last very long.
Make sure they provided you with the correct axle shaft assemblies for a 2.8 diesel powered CRD Liberty and not for a gas powered vehicle.

Quote:
Exact Fit for 2005 Jeep Liberty Limited w/2.8 CID 4X4 w/545RFE Transmission
NAPA Axles (reman) Line: NAPA Premium CV Shafts
Front – Driver/Left side - NCV 940085-- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.74 in.
Front – Passenger/Right side - NCV 940084 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.7 in.

Autozone: Line Duralast Gold
Front – Driver/Left side: 10168N -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.74 in.
Front – Passenger/Right side: 10169N -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23.7 in.

Advance Auto Parts: Line Carquest Premium
Front – Driver/Left side: NCV82013 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23 13/16 in
Front – Passenger/Right side - NCV82014 -- CV Driveshaft Compressed Length 23 11/16 in
I actually received a Carquest CV axle shaft from Advance Auto, part number NCV82013. It specifically lists the 2.8l for fitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:22 pm 

RockinRam96 wrote:
I actually received a Carquest CV axle shaft from Advance Auto, part number NCV82013. It specifically lists the 2.8l for fitment. [/quote]
That is good that you got the correct one and not one for a gas powered Liberty! :BINGO:
Let the forum know if you have any problems with it in the future. :wink:

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:21 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone. I finally found a front drive shaft that fit for $105 shipped on eBay. It was a royal pain to find and actually I bought one from another vendor that said no returns (argh!) anyway if anyone is still looking this is available as of Jan 2022.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/32-5-Front-Dri ... 632-2357-0

If you are reading this post 10 years from now, sorry. Congrats on lasting this long though ;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 12:44 pm 

snakeyez wrote:
Hey everyone. I finally found a front drive shaft that fit for $105 shipped on eBay. It was a royal pain to find and actually I bought one from another vendor that said no returns (argh!) anyway if anyone is still looking this is available as of Jan 2022.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/32-5-Front-Dri ... 632-2357-0
If you are reading this post 10 years from now, sorry. Congrats on lasting this long though ;)

Their original listing at DriveShaftParts.com> https://www.driveshaftparts.com/index.p ... uct_id=676
Very odd they list it at a lower price on ebay than they do on their companies offical web pages :shock: :shock:

Jeep Liberty Cherokee Front Driveshaft 32.5" 52099498AB, 52099498AD, 52111593AA
Part Number: DSJ910L

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

WWDiesel wrote:
. . . Very odd they list it at a lower price on ebay than they do on their companies offical web pages :shock:
. . .

Odd maybe but, in my experience, not at all uncommon.