It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 2.8L CRD Water Cooler Engine Bracket Mount - Faulty Bearing
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 6:58 am 
LOST Newbie

Hi All,

firstly thanks for reading and any assistance you can provide me. Disclaimer - I am not a mechanic!

Details: 2005 KJ Limited CRD - Water Cooler Engine Mount Bearing Issue
Miles: Approx 120K

I have been told by a local mechanic shop (good honest guys) that there is a horrible noise coming out from near the water cooler which is not the water cooler and they believe they have tracked it down to the bearing. They don't have the tools to just replace the bearing and they can't find the part here in Australia.

I have called the local wreckers and they are saying they wouldn't sell this part stand-alone, it would be part of a 2nd hand engine. This is obviously very expensive - USD: $1500 ++

I have been able to locate a bearing on ebay (last one) , but I was hoping someone here might have a KJ they are limited and can help me with (i.e. sell me one) the whole assembly (bracket & bearing) which will be easy for the local mechanic to refit.

Any ideas are appreciated - thank you for your help.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Cheers

Andrew

PS - pictures of the part I need are below
https://ibb.co/bvdTPjT
https://ibb.co/gMCs55N

Post subject: Re: 2.8L CRD Water Cooler Engine Bracket Mount - Faulty Bear
PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 12:09 pm 

They are no longer available new here in the US and Canada through dealers or Mopar suppliers, not sure about availability in other locations.
Finding a good used one is almost impossible as most are worn out by the time they get 100k+ miles or 160+ km on the vehicle.
If you can find a good used one at your location, you will probably be better off money wise.

I can rebuild them here in the US & Canada for owners when they send me their old worn out fan hub using new deep groove Koyo oversize bearings.
But shipping costs to Australia could be very expensive.

I can supply you with the bearing part number for the rebuild, but you would have to find a local machine shop that could disassemble your old fan hub, bore it out precisely a couple more mm's and press it all back together.
It has to be a very precise bore within 0.001 inch fit due to the bearings being a press fit inside the housing.

Yeti StgIV Hot Tune
Week's BatteryTray
No FCV/EGR
Samcos/ProVent
SunCoast/Transgo
Carter Intank-pmp
2mic.Sec.Fuel Filter
Flowmaster/NO CAT
V6Airbox/noVH
GM11 Bld.fan/HDClutch
IronrockArms/wwdieselMount

98 Dodge Cummins 24 Valve