It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Loss of torque and many engine error codes
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:57 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi all,

I've been experiencing a torque loss, as in I would press the gas but the car was slow to react. I had this happen before and took it to a mechanic who cleaned a sensor ( I don't know which one it was back in 2019) .. That solved the problem back then.
My car is a KJ liberty 2003 CRD

This time, after reading some info online , i figured it might be the MAP sensor, so I removed it myself and cleaned it with the special sensor cleaning spray.
After installing it back, I went for a drive and only a few minutes In the check engine light went on. The key test shows the following error codes
P0520
P0235
P2120
P0651

Can anyone please help with any suggestions to what might cause this? I don't know if I should drive at all, even for small distances?
I should note that I forgot to disconnect the battery when I removed the MAP sensor. Not sure if it matters...
I have an appointment with the dealer for a EGR cleanup and they could look into this too but it's on Sept.8th so quite a while left.
Thanks all!

- a freaked out KJ owner -