It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mojave Road Expedition II... (Planning Thread)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:21 am 
LOST Addict

Things start to pick up in the fall here on AZ LOST JEEPS, so I'm posting up well in advance for a Mojave Road Expedition II ~ 2009.

There was talk on the last expedition about running the Mojave Road again in the fall. So... let's get the ball rolling. I'm gathering inputs on who is interested and when, so we can make plans in order to give people enough time to arrange their schedules to attend.

Keep in mind we have Trick or Jeep coming up in October and the Turkey Day Boarder rundown in Douglas in November. Dates and times for those two events are still to be determined.

My thoughts and suggestions for the Expedition...

- do it late Sep or early Oct
- do we want to run it East to West this time, or West to East as we did in May?
- do we want to make it a 2 or 3 day trip across the desert?
- Who is interested in doing this run?

Note: keep in mind group size is limited to 7 vehicles and 15 people. Anything larger and we have to get a permit or split into smaller groups)

Okay, if your interested... toss out your ideas. I'd like to have all the details firmed up NLT mid Aug, and know who is planning on doing this trip.

Thanks,
AJ

The first AZ LOST JEEPS Mojave Road Expedition ~ May 2009, an adventure not soon to be forgotten...

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Last edited by AZKJ on Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

How long is this run usually? If y'all do this in September, grad school permitting, I might make this my first ever Jeep run!

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:55 pm 
LOST Addict

stoutdog wrote:
How long is this run usually? If y'all do this in September, grad school permitting, I might make this my first ever Jeep run!

It's a minimum four day trip. A one day drive to the trail head in either Laughlin, NV or Barstow, CA depending on which end we start at. Two days on the trail with one night camping in the Mojave Desert. The fourth day is the drive back to Phoenix.

You'll need food, water, and camping equipment etc to last at least four days or so in case we run into an emergency. You'll also need a minimum of 5 gallons of extra fuel. Your Jeep must be in top mechanical condition with good A/T tires and a full size spare to match.

There are no services along this trail. You have to be completely self sufficient and not be dependent upon other members to supply you with the basics. Read the thread on the same topic that we ran this past May for a better account of what to bring and what to expect.

In short, the trail is not technically difficult. It's the remoteness that is the major concern. Unless you can bring everything mentioned above to be self sufficient, I would not consider this trip for your first experience with your Jeep.

If you have any other questions, post up or PM me.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:09 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hrm... well, I've got everything but the AT tires. Unfortunately, there will be no finding four free days this semester. Y'all enjoy.

GDE Eco Tune, GDE TCM Tune, Bauer 203* Tstat, Amsoil EaA 201 Filter, Clean MAP, Samco CAC Hoses, Magnaflow Muffler #12226.
New Mopar Fuel Filter, K&N Filterminder, Fumoto Oil Drain Valve
225/75R16 Hankook Dynapros

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I won't be able to swing it again this year. I'm thinking 2010 but not sure when, probably fall, septemberish maybe? ? Gotta check vacation plans with the family. Don't want to conflict with Trick or Jeep. Of course May worked pretty well this time but I think we got lucky weather wise. Maybe earlier May. As for direction, either way is fine with me. Although I have to say it was pretty cool spending the evening on the beach in laughlin with a buffet and a frosty beverage after finishing the trail.
Too bad the craps table wasn't hot, oh well, can't win 'em all