It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:50 am 
LOST Addict

Well, I was going to post up my usual long winded trail report, but Paul beat me to it with the straight to the point version... AND in far fewer words than I could ever do!!

All in all, we had a pretty good day, even tho Roland kept losing his complimentary map, and we had a few other minor irritants.

Paul... with his new set up is looking good. AZ LOST JEEPS has a new "monster" Liberty to tackle the really rough trails. Paul, all you need now is a "got groceries" decal for your back window!! I think I have a few laying around and i'll put one aside for you.

Roland... gaining more confidence and daring-do with each passing run, taking the red Silverdiesel where it's never been before!!

Beth... what can I say? She is becoming quite the life saver out on the trails. First by saving me from bleeding to death after I did a back flip onto my skull last month, and now performing real life "trail surgery" on Roland... removing a giant attack wasp's stinger from his neck.

Again, thanks guys for the help with the tire. I'm getting too old and fat to do it by myself.

Our tail gunny, Roland, called the trail run over and put yet another fun day with AZ LOST JEEPS in the history book after dinner at a Chinese restaurant in Gold Canyon.

Here are some pics....

Paul heading down into "Casey's Wash"...

Roland Going in...

Beth and Paul spotting Roland down into the wash (as usual, pictures don't do the scene justice)...

Paul showing his new set up...

Stuffing that back tire into the wheel well (more lift to come)...

Roland climbing out of the wash...

The stone cabin off of FR650...

End of the trail, airing up...

Oh, and Paul... I'm glad you didn't have to get nasty with those Yahoos!!

We'll see everyone again soon!!

AJ and Beth

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Last edited by AZKJ on Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:02 pm 
LOST Junkie

Paul, great write up. Sounds like you had a great day on the trail. haha. The jeep looks great. new tires and what else? Looks like a beast.

AJ, as usual great pics. The trail looks pretty challenging. And Roland. WOW, look at you go with that diesel. I knew two years ago that we'd have you doing the hard stuff before you were done. So when's the 2.5" lift and MTRs? lol

sorry i missed this trip w/ you guys. I was so bummed about not going out, we woke up and went to Chiricahua Nat Park (in the rain) and checked it out. Then drove to Wilcoxx, back to the Chricihuas to explore the forest. 220 miles and a tank of gas later we made it back home.

later,mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:42 pm 
LOST Addict

Signcutter21 wrote:
AJ, as usual great pics. The trail looks pretty challenging.

And Roland. WOW, look at you go with that diesel. I knew two years ago that we'd have you doing the hard stuff before you were done.

...went to Chiricahua Nat Park (in the rain) and checked it out. Then drove to Wilcoxx, back to the Chricihuas to explore the forest.

later,mike

Mike... thanks, I gotta be half way good at something. Not really, overall a 2 with maybe a couple of challenges thrown in, most notably Casey's Wash, so named because o8k was the first ever LOST KJ to try it way back when.

Yeah, can you believe that red Silverdiesel??!! He's come a long way just in the past six months alone. He's a monster out there now!!

Out scouting, eh? Do I feel a Southeast Arizona run in the making? Hope so, we're due for a change!! Roland even mentioned yesterday that he wants to go back where he lost his rear spring, and try that trail again, that you lead last year.

AJ

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:42 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well Yikes!

I guess it started with forgetting to bring my packed lunch! - But other than AJ bumping his head last month, AZLOST Summer trail runs were "event free" till now and as Pablo's post shows when it rains it pours!

I had as usual a great time with great people running, a first time for me, a beautiful scenic and fun trail. That road closure just two miles to go was a real surprise but good decisions were made to back track and we made good time. That posted alternate trail at the turn around point was pushing a 3 rating up that initial grade and my Jeep showed it by simply doing an unable to proceed (very steepy and rocky).

We all had a blast and I saw scenery that was desert beautiful and awesome. AZLOST has shown me sights in this state that I never would have viewed even though I have been living here for 30 years!

See you guys next run/event!

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!