It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:27 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:

No.. no.. no. Please... no store bought stuff!! Last year we kept it all homemade. Along with the giant cornbread muffins Beth brought, and all the other stuff everyone else brought, it was fabulous chili dinner. Everyone's recipes, be it hot, mild or in between, blended very good. Please don't mess it up with store bought junk. Hormel is nothing but soupy dog food....

Uh, did I say let's stick with homemade?? :D

Hmmm you said that last time about cilantro and then I saw you gobbling up the salsa :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Neatus wrote:
AZKJ wrote:

No.. no.. no. Please... no store bought stuff!! Last year we kept it all homemade. Along with the giant cornbread muffins Beth brought, and all the other stuff everyone else brought, it was fabulous chili dinner. Everyone's recipes, be it hot, mild or in between, blended very good. Please don't mess it up with store bought junk. Hormel is nothing but soupy dog food....

Hmmm you said that last time about cilantro and then I saw you gobbling up the salsa :lol:

Nobody puts cilantro in chili!!! :P

Club Officers... please check your forum for some information.

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Last edited by AZKJ on Fri Jul 24, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 12:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:
Neatus wrote:
AZKJ wrote:

Nobody puts cilantro in chili!!! :P

Are you kidding....of course I do.
Club officers... check your forum for some information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:01 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:

:? WELL, I hope nobody feels left out if they are not a chef or do not have the time or ability, to make home made chili. In years past....(excluding last year, "I guess it was homemade only").......a few people brought a "not home made chili" and added it to the big pot, and the chili was out standing.........JUST MY 2 CENTS!!!! :?

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:24 pm 
LOST Junkie

Back to thread- Oct 23-25 is good- I have to put in for time off NOW so I can make it since I work weekends now--
Reynolds Creek is good because this guarantees location, availability, and timing for a group event. That includes vault toilets and reserved space with a group central space good for our festivities and run staging--
I see $40 for reservation-- is that per night or weekend?

Don't get me wrong that PB cabin would be a great place to set up group camp base and it is legal to be there. It would have been very rustic with no amenities (toilets) but is is in no doubt God's country with a running creek nearby and beautiful scenery everywhere. When Cherry Creek road is run this site will be top on the tour as a stop and everyone can see what we "missed". We probably will roust the hunters or others already there as no reservation system exists there (first come basis).

My vote is for Reynolds Creek, Oct 23-25~~~

Back to off thread-- Maybe some cilantro garnish around each spark plug on the banderlo belts is in order!!

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

dynamike wrote:
AZKJ wrote:

:? WELL, I hope nobody feels left out if they are not a chef or do not have the time or ability, to make home made chili. In years past....(excluding last year, "I guess it was homemade only").......a few people brought a "not home made chili" and added it to the big pot, and the chili was out standing.........JUST MY 2 CENTS!!!! :?

LOL... sorry about any hurt feelings, or feeling left out, but we're all big kids now. If some folks can't take a few minutes to brew up a small pot of chili, then bring a bag of chips, dip, salsa or something for desert. Everyone that could brought enough chili to almost fill that big pot, so there was more than enough to feed a small army.

Last years chili was the best I've ever had, and I've been all over the US, for whatever it's worth. I'd like to see it kept homemade.

I still stand by my statement... Hormel or other store bought suff is just soupy dog food at best. But then, that just me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:45 pm 

Mrs AZKJ wrote:
LOL... sorry about any hurt feelings, or feeling left out, but we're all big kids now. If some folks can't take a few minutes to brew up a small pot of chili, then bring a bag of chips, dip, salsa or something for desert. Everyone that could brought enough chili to almost fill that big pot, so there was more than enough to feed a small army.

Last years chili was the best I've ever had, and I've been all over the US, for whatever it's worth. I'd like to see it kept homemade.

I still stand by my statement... Hormel or other store bought suff is just soupy dog food at best. But then, that just me.

huhhhh.....

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:49 pm 
LOST Addict

dynamike wrote:
Mrs AZKJ wrote:

huhhhh.....

Oppps... sorry about that. I was on Beth's computer when I made the post above. Opinions are mine, not hers.... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 4:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Personally I like Ilene's chili but then there's always honey bears!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey AJ, If I open my Hormel at home and put it in a tupperware will you notice? Its all good if you make it hot. My 2 cents.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:12 pm 
LOST Addict

KE7NEG wrote:
Hey AJ, If I open my Hormel at home and put it in a tupperware will you notice? Its all good if you make it hot. My 2 cents.

Nope, not gonna check your tupperware and yeah, your right. You can also put lipstick on a pig, but it's still a pig. Same difference, it'll be "hot" soupy dog food!! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:40 pm 
LOST Newbie

yeah, but she'd be a "pretty pig" :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:50 pm 
LOST Addict

Mike L.
Ernie
Mike D.
Tom
Vern
Roland

The large camp ground we talked about has been reserved in my name for Oct 23~24 and the check has been mailed. Just a reminder... we have to be out early on the 25th (NLT 0900~1000) for another group coming in as soon as we leave. That was the only way I could get that spot by agreeing to leave earlier than the normal 1200 checkout time.

Also, I'll PM everyone that's attending the combination to the gate lock closer to the date of the event.

If there's anything else you guys need, let me know.

AJ

Last edited by AZKJ on Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 2:55 pm 
LOST Junkie

AJ, great, thanks a bunch for heading this up. Cant wait till TrJ.

And everybody, dont forget to dress up your jeep for the trip. hmm better start thinking of a good idea.

later,
mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:15 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Signutter, you should dress your KJ up like them slick USBP vehicles...It's already white. I can paint a big green stripe on it for ya! :lol: