It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: September Trail Run- Saturday 9/12/09- CANCELLED
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:37 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Seeing no responses to this post I'm going to go ahead and cancel. I still plan to do this run some time in the future stay tuned

September Trail Run- Sierra Ancha Mountains
Trail options- Cherry creek road with hike to cliff dwellings (trail rated easy, hike rated difficult); or Boyer Cabin and A-Cross road exploration (trail rating unknown, not believed to be too difficult though) See below for more information
Date- TBA
Meet TBA Spring Creek Store on highway 188 in Roosevelt, AZ, leave for trail TBA
Description- This will be a pre-run for some trail possibilities for Trick or Jeep

Boyer Cabin Trail
The higher part of this trail is in Ponderosa pine forest dispersed with oak, sycamore and other deciduous trees, especially along the waterways. As it drops down in elevation the flora changes to brush and chaparral. Scenery includes views of Salome Canyon and Roosevelt Lake, prehistoric ruins and the Boyer Cabin

Cherry Creek Road
The Sierra Ancha includes abundant archaeological remains, especially in the form of cliff dwellings in the rugged canyons opening eastward toward Cherry Creek. The identity of the Native American builders of these structures remains uncertain, but the sites show characteristics of both the Salado and Mogollon cultures. Tree-ring dating of roof beams from the sites suggests that construction began in the late 1280s AD, and that the structures were abandoned by 1350 AD

Last edited by oldhockeyvb on Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 12:28 am 
LOST Addict

Sorry... can't make the hiking part. Looks like Beth and I will have to pass on this one, or sit along side the trail for a few hours while you guys hike. Bummer!!

OT: I see you're also tossing another trail into the Trick or Jeep pot. I thought we had already decided on the trails... Dupont Cabin, Cherry Creek Road and Edwards Park for the difficult run. I'll edit the Trick or Jeep post to reflect the trails haven't been selected yet. When you or the club officers decide on what trails we'll be doing, let me know and I'll re-post the information, or you can make a separate post..........

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 1:00 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Id love to go Vern but I have my National Guard weekend then. Let me know when a good time is for you so I can bring you your stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:50 pm 
LOST Junkie

Saturday morning departures cannot work for me cause I have to work on Saturdays--
Bummer Vern- Maybe when things cool down more people will respond and if there is included activities into the evening like camping then I can be a late show Saturday evening--

Stupid work always getting on the way-

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!