It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 4:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: What Does the Future Hold For AZ LOST JEEPS??
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:33 pm 
LOST Addict

Okay guys... as the title of this thread says, “what does the future hold for AZ LOST JEEPS?"

For awhile now, I’ve been trying to help get our club back on track by organizing trail runs and getting involved in our annual events like Trick or Jeep, because frankly, through my eyes, I’ve noticed interest has been seriously waning.

I asked for, and received a copy of our by-laws. After reading through them, it looks like we, as an "organized" club, have been falling behind on what we're supposed to be doing and how we're operating. I believe if we are to continue on as an officially recognized organized club, we have to come together to review and change some items on how we've been operating, and set a course for our future.

There are several things I'd like to see happen soon:

- Meetings, the by-laws call for semi-annual meetings... we haven't had one since Mar '09. I'd like to see that scheduled sooner rather than later and dates for when they will be held in the future set, i.e Jan and Jun of each year, or whatever the members vote on. I also believe there are a few other things that need to be discussed if we are going to continue as an "organized" club or revert to an "internet" club without by-laws, club officers and dues.

- Nominations/Elections, the by-laws don't state when, other than at the annual meeting. When is that? I believe it was pushed back to Mar the last time they were held. I think we should set an actual month this is to happen each year.

- Accounting of Funds, it has been awhile since we've seen a spreadsheet and I've never seen any bank statements. I'd like to see them... and again, sooner rather than later.

There are also a few other items we need to talk about, but that can be discussed at a meeting.

The point I'm trying to make with all this is... Beth and I have really enjoyed this club and the people in it. I really want to see AZ LOST JEEPS get back on track to what it was when I first joined at FITS '08. I don't want to see AZ LOST JEEPS to be over burdened with iron clad rules and regulations, but I would like to see some direction and accountability.

Comments and suggestions to this post are welcomed from our current AZ LOST JEEPS club officers and paid members alike. If you're not a paid member, I also welcome your suggestions on how you think we may improve but, keep in mind you have to be a current paid member to be able to vote on what's put forth.

Thanks,
AJ

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:01 pm 
LOST Junkie

Well looks like a meeting of sorts in the near future needs to be put up with all these items on the docket----

And what about FITS V? April '10 is taken already with LJS in Moab---

As a paid up member of AZ LOST JEEPS inquiring minds like mine want to know too!-----

I support the idea of the continuation of this club to be much, much more than an internet "post up runs" only club.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:43 pm 
LOST Addict

Some issues I see as contributors:

1. The economy. Even if you have work, it means having to work much harder (overtime etc). People have less money for fuel and if they have the money they don't have the time (like me right now).

2. No new KJ's. Chrysler's future is very uncertain. The future of Jeep Liberties is kinda in the air. The KK's are very new and I don't believe they are selling in the massive numbers that the KJ did. Non-Liberty folks don't know much about us.

3. People get busy, move. New people are not coming in to replace them.

I suppose we need to come up with ways to search for new members, as the other two issues are not solvable by us.