It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Maybe a place for FITS next year.... ??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 8:00 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Well I know its a good 6.5 hrs SE of Phoenix, but maybe a joint venture with the SoCal Lost Jeeps
Truckhaven California.......WHAT a PLAYground !!!
Image Lots of Twist & Flex
Its like a moonscape with ton's of hillclimb's and twisted channels

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!

Post subject: Re: Maybe a place for FITS next year.... ??
PostPosted: Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Okay... looks like I'll be the first to reply.

Truckhaven sounds like a fun place and somewhere I haven't been that I'd like to go someday. It looks like a very interesting place.

My main question is... do we really want to hold FITS VI that far from home? For people who can't get Friday off or leave early, that's one heck of a Friday afternoon drive. For that reason, I'm for keeping the event here in Arizona. Also, I would think we're more likely to get a better turn out like this year if we keep it somewhat centrally located within a couple of hours of Phoenix. If you move the event that far out of town, I think you'd really be catering to a small group willing to make the trip.

Another question, how stocker friendly is the area? From most of the pictures I've seen, it seems to be more for the modified crowd.

What I would suggest is... if we get a group of people willing to make the trip, maybe we could just schedule it for a club run over a three day weekend. Leave FITS here in the state where we'll more likely get a larger turnout.

I could be wrong, so I'll be interested in seeing what other club members have to say on the subject.... :POPCORN:

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:58 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like fun!

:SOMBRERO:

2003 Atlantic Blue KJ 2WD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:33 pm 
LOST Addict

What, no other comments or ideas?? :?:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sorry, didn't have much time to type & I only get on the computer at home once a week anymore (if that)...

From the pics it looks like fun. I would be one that would be willing to make the drive, but I'm also one of the few that have been pretty much unable to make it to any FITS in quite some time for one reason or another. With that in mind, I really don't expect my vote to count that much. I would try to guarantee that I will be there next year, but it's hard for me to do.

AZKJ wrote:
My main question is... do we really want to hold FITS VI that far from home? For people who can't get Friday off or leave early, that's one heck of a Friday afternoon drive. For that reason, I'm for keeping the event here in Arizona. Also, I would think we're more likely to get a better turn out like this year if we keep it somewhat centrally located within a couple of hours of Phoenix. If you move the event that far out of town, I think you'd really be catering to a small group willing to make the trip.

In a way I kind of disagree with you here. Maybe not do Truckhaven, but I think we need to branch out beyond the valley. Constantly limiting ourselves to areas around the valley is going to eventually make it boring and anticipated. All of that will turn to low turn out and not much fun. I think having it one year somewhere in a different area of the state could actually do the opposite and attract more people if it's planned out fairly well. Arizona is our home. We should make sure that our visitors and even us get to see more than just the smoggy valley. :mrgreen:

AZKJ wrote:
Another question, how stocker friendly is the area? From most of the pictures I've seen, it seems to be more for the modified crowd.

This would be a big concern for me too. I push my KJ to the limits quite a bit & I've almost regretted it a few times. I pretty much have a stock 2wd & there are certain things a 2WD just shouldn't do. :lol: :JEEPIN:

AZKJ wrote:
What I would suggest is... if we get a group of people willing to make the trip, maybe we could just schedule it for a club run over a three day weekend. Leave FITS here in the state where we'll more likely get a larger turnout.

If we were to schedule FITS over a 3 day weekend that could help with attendance. I would agree that we should keep FITS in AZ, but I think it would be good to branch out to different areas. We need to get more scouting and research on potential areas & document where we've already held it so we try not t o repeat unless by popular demand. :BANANA:

I am half asleep while typing this so I hope it makes sense and wasn't all in my head :jester:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:31 pm 
LOST Addict

Mike... I guess it didn't come out right, but that's what I was trying to say... have it in the state, somewhere a few hours from Phoenix. In fact I would love to see it in different parts of our state. And yes, a three day weekend is best.

While it may be too soon to start scouting for FITS next year... I'd suggest we start working on plans and scouting for Trick or Jeep this Fall. I for one would be up for scouting trips and help planing that event.

What say you club officers, think we should get something going for TrJ soon instead of waiting too long like we've done the last couple of years?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:33 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It probably was just me mis-reading or mis-understanding. Much like tonight (a.k.a. - this morning), I am dead tired but can't sleep.

I think scouting now would be an excellent idea. It's really not to far away anymore.