It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Volunteers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Okay folks, I need a couple volunteers to take the lead for organizing Trick or Jeep. We will need a good trail and a group camping area. Will need the trail to be checked on to make sure it is a viable option. Anyone want to do this?

Post subject: Re: Volunteers
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 12:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I'll do a trail run this weekend of the Big Eye Mine trail and see whaT condition it is currently in and see if that is a viable option. Not sure about a Group campsite area along the route, but I'll keep my eyes open for one for sure. It's BLM land for reference in the Koka Wildlife Refuge if you wanna look it up.

I know there are a couple of good bat caves. The mines, at least a year ago, were still safe enough to walk in and explore as well, just be sure to have plenty of light and maybe a weapon on you just in case some animal not too friendly comes across your path...

Happy Trails!!

-Scott

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm 
LOST Addict

Scott.... That's in the Castle Dome Mountain area if I'm correct, Wells #62?? Beth and I are up to traveling down your way this coming weekend to do a trail if you want someone to run it with you. Let me know one way or the other, and I'll make a motel reservation if you want to do this.

AJ

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds great AJ! I'm testing the memory banks but the last time I did the trail to the Big Eye Mine and back it took about 2-3 hours and that was with very few stops. The terrain I am sure has changed with the amount of rain we have had this year already so it may take a bit longer. I know I didn't need 4wd for it except for one spot, but we shall find out. There is a Comfort Inn off Fortuna Rd that I would recommend, it's close to my house and near HWY 95. I'd like to do the trail Saturday morning if that will be doable for you sir if you can make it down here Friday evening perhaps, if not let me know what your weekend schedule is like and I'll work around that. I have scheduled a Poker Night at my house this Saturday so if you play, you can stay...HAHAHA!!! OH and don't forget your Earthquake survival kit just in case!!

I'll also talk to my neighbors across the street they hav a Rubicon TJ and a friend that has a Rubicon LJ, maybe they'll be interested in tagging along??

-Scott

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:07 pm 
LOST Addict

Scott...

No problem with your friends!! Thanks for the poker invite, but we'll be heading back the same day. I'll check out the Comfort Inn, thanks.

I just talked to Roland. He's going to try and get Sat off from work and will let me know when he finds out. If he can make it, we'll all leave here Fri night, get a room and do the trail with you on Sat. If you want to meet up Fri night for dinner with us that's cool too.

Roland really wants to do this scouting trip and asked me to ask you... "IF" he can't get Sat off, can you do the run on Fri or Sun. Either way we'll leave Phoenix the night before.

Thanks,
AJ

Last edited by AZKJ on Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 6:23 pm 
LOST Addict

Neatus wrote:
Okay folks, I need a couple volunteers to take the lead for organizing Trick or Jeep. We will need a good trail and a group camping area. Will need the trail to be checked on to make sure it is a viable option. Anyone want to do this?

Ernie... I just talked with the VP. He wants to run with this, and if you don't mind, I'd like to be his wingman.

If you give the okay, we'll do the scouting and submit our ideas for the trails and camping areas. We would also welcome ideas of where others may be interested in holding the event this year, and would like to scout their suggestions with them.

By late July, early Aug after we check everything out, we can let the board decide or put up a poll of the areas we submitted and see where folks want to have Trick or Jeep 2010.

Scott has suggest a trail in Yuma, so Beth and I, and maybe Roland, will be heading down there to check it out with him this coming weekend.

AJ

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:12 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

See if there's any camping near the river or a lake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:41 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Yes, AJ that is great. Don't hesitate to ask for some help if you need it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:59 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

To Vern (and others that may have been thinking the same):

Water nearby the area of trails I have suggested is not close. There is Martinez Lake that would be about 10-15 miles from the dirt access to the trails. I can look into tent camping or house rentals if anyone is interested. I know a co-worker of mine actually has a house boat on the lake that is setup as a rental condo type thing, very cool little place for a small family to stay at if they wanted too.
Also for a trail ride in this area in October around Halloween it wil be warm during the day but at night it will be pretty chilly, so bring comfortable and warm clothes for the weather and plenty of water, good flashlights, maybe even a black light for scorpions and a keen ear for rattling. A good camera is recommended too, you never know what you might come across, a ghoul or what have you...

To AJ and Roland:

Sunday is doable for me too, but if it can happen i'd prefer Saturday. It'll be a fun time, weather loks like it will be in the lower 80s perhaps and maybe a brisk breeze. Be ready for a lot of dust, maybe even bring a spare air filter or a means to clean the one you currently have. Water, sunscreen, sun glasses, and a camera wouldn't be too bad either. If your really lucky maybe we'll see some of the vehicles at YPG rolling around too!!

If anyone's got a question about the area feel free to ask or if there is something in particular you'd like for us to look for in the area we will.

-Scott

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:50 am 
LOST Junkie

To Neatus:
Yup the diesel is running prerunner along with that lifted dark red AJKJ JK sport. We will spend time to look and scout and snoop around and Yuma area is a good start with Scott's help...

To Scott:
I have yet to get an answer from my bosses on Saturday off- its a mandatory work day for us but I will post ASAP when I find out-hopefully by tuesday....

And to all:
I had my Transmission serviced about 2500 miles ago - change filters and replaced removed fluid and the mechanic had put in the wrong filter ( 45RFE instead of 545RFE ). This caused a low pressure event when I was hill climbing (Steep angle) and the fluid litterally was not able to be picked up off the sump floor cause the wrong filter had too small an inlet!! I went to a tranny shop specializing in American rear drive "traditional" automatics and this guy knew Chrysler trannys very well. He however did not believe at first 1, a Jeep Liberty had a truck 5 speed overdrive and 2,Liberty had a diesel-- but we got over all that!
Pablo: your stock converter sits in my garage unused as mine is fine! But thank you very much for offering but I did not have to change converters after all. I will get back to you as to its disposition.

More to come- I am up almost at 100K miles! and timing belt will be changed soon and trail scouting/prerunning reporting with Aj's help will happen soon!

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:08 pm 
LOST Addict

Scott... just talked to Roland... it's a go for Saturday. We'll be leaving PHX Friday after work. We have rooms at the Comfort Inn on Foutuna Road. Give us a time and place to meet up and we'll be there!!

AJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AWESOME!!!

Well Saturday Morning we can meet at my house. Directions go like this:

When exiting the Comfort inn go right (north) and proceed to take the first right, 28th street. You'll go through a drainage ditch and then take your first left, Norma Avenue. Proceed down Norma for about 6 blocks until coming to 25th Street. My house will be the corner house on the right, my Jeep will be in the driveway.

Address for GPS is 11338 East 25th Street Yuma, AZ 85367
Phone # 901 603 9823

See yall Friday night for some dinner, not sure what your taste buds might want but we got a lil bit of everything around these parts. I can meet yall at the hotel and we can go to dinner from there if you don't decide to eat on the road.

-Scooter out

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Scott... we'll be there!! About dinner Friday night, depending what time we leave.... we'll be there at 1930 if we leave when Beth gets off work, or 2130 if Roland's daughter goes. We'll let you know our ETA.

AJ

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:01 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member
Moderator / Lifetime Member

RIGHT ON GUYS!!! :)
A very cool area, spent some time there just a few weeks back.
Unfortunately I won't be able to make this one (bummer too, I am only 10 miles away from there right now).
We will be leaving for Vegas, Friday afternoon.
I am sure Scott can lead you to the highlights.

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Have fun in Vegas Mike, if your in the area tonight and your interested in meeting up for a drink, I know of a good watering hole here in the Foothills.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 12:54 am 
LOST Addict

Scott ... we should be getting into Yuma around 1930 if you want to grab a bite to eat. What time do you want to meet on Saturday?

AJ

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 1:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good AJ, I'll meet you guys at the hotel and we can go out to eat from there. As for Saturday, I'd like to get rolling from my house sometime between 0800-0830. Looks like temps will be up around 88 tomorrow and with us wanting to do a lot of looking around and perhaps photos of all the Wildflowers that will be out it may take us sometime so I'd like to start off when it is a little bit cooler.

I recommend getting a coffee at the hotel or from somewhere around the hotel, I don't drink the stuff so I won't have any available. There is a good little breakfast place called Daybreakers that is behind the Barney's Fuel Station you'll see when you roll in tonight, probably a good spot to get a breakfast if one were inclined to do so.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:40 pm 
LOST Addict

Okay... see ya tonight. I'll give you a call when we're about 30 minutes out from the motel. Glad you mentioned coffee...the Silverdiesel is a coffee fanatic and he'll be looking for some first thing in the AM.

Gotta go load up the Jeep, do a pre-flight, pick up Beth, head down to Gila Bend and try to find that shiny red Silverdiesel.

Gone Jeepin... I'm outta here >>>>>>>>>> :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 3:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Sounds good, yall drive safe now and see ya later in teh PM...

-Scott