It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: May~June~July Trail Runs....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:36 am 
LOST Addict

Come on folks!! Let's show some enthusiasm and schedule some trail runs for May, June and July.

If you have any ideas, or a special trail you'd like to run, please post up. If you have some ideas but don't want to lead... no problem, someone will step up. It would be a real shame owning a Jeep here in the Southwest and not getting out on the trails!! People in other parts of the country would die to have the opportunities we have with the wide varieties of trails in our backyards!!

While we're at it... how about some runs and overnight camping?? I know it's getting warm out, but it's still cool in the high country!!

AJ

It's an AZ LOST JEEPS thing....
other folks don't understand!!

Post subject: Re: May~June~July Trail Runs....
PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Got an idea for a weekend camping trip in the copper creek area. Lot's of old mines to check out and a beautiful camping area. I'm thinking may

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2010 11:00 pm 
LOST Member

I want to run the Backway to Crown King again sometime before it gets way to hot, if anyone would be down for that. I heard that parts of the trail got tougher and parts got easier after the rains earlier this year. Would like to see what changed. If anyone is up for some weekday wheelin'.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 am 
LOST Addict

oldhockeyvb wrote:
Got an idea for a weekend camping trip in the copper creek area. Lot's of old mines to check out and a beautiful camping area. I'm thinking may
How was the "Rug Road" trip with Offroad Passport?? It must of been pretty good if you're wanting to do it again with us!! I have the way points going through Klondyke, but never have run it.

What's the trail rating? If I remember correctly, OP recommend 33's and one locker to be on the safe side, but it has been done with a less equipped vehicle. Do you think a stock height Liberty can do it? Massey say's the Copper Creek portion is rated 2 and the Sibley Mansion section as 7. Would you do it the way you did it with the other group, or as described in the Massey guide?

Standing by for dates and another adventure!! Maybe a Trick or Jeep location!!?? And thanks!!

eyehatetofu wrote:
I want to run the Backway to Crown King again sometime before it gets way to hot, if anyone would be down for that. I heard that parts of the trail got tougher and parts got easier after the rains earlier this year. Would like to see what changed. If anyone is up for some weekday wheelin'.
Pick a date and I'll most likely be able to do it. If we do it on a Friday, maybe Silverdiesel may be able to make it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:
oldhockeyvb wrote:
Got an idea for a weekend camping trip in the copper creek area. Lot's of old mines to check out and a beautiful camping area. I'm thinking mayHow was the "Rug Road" trip with Offroad Passport?? It must of been pretty good if you're wanting to do it again with us!! I have the way points going through Klondyke, but never have run it.

What's the trail rating? If I remember correctly, OP recommend 33's and one locker to be on the safe side, but it has been done with a less equipped vehicle. Do you think a stock height Liberty can do it? Massey say's the Copper Creek portion is rated 2 and the Sibley Mansion section as 7. Would you do it the way you did it with the other group, or as described in the Massey guide?

Standing by for dates and another adventure!! Maybe a Trick or Jeep location!!?? And thanks!!

The rug road is fabulous but will require a fully modified Liberty, no stockers on that run. It is a tough trail, and amazing!

But there are plenty of roads and old mines and neat stuff in the Copper Creek area that are stock vehicle friendly and lot's of great camping spots- a perfect place for a weekend camping and wheeling adventure. And yes you read my mind it would make a perfect future Trick or Jeep location

Hey I took one for the team this weekend, toughing it out scouting trails for you all. It's a tough job but someone has to do it. Cause that's the kinda guy I am!
:D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:06 pm 
LOST Addict

Vern... thanks for being "that kind of a guy"!! Life's tough, but I know you just grinned and bared the hardship!! And... I'm sure the folks over at OP were glad to see you are "low maintenance" too!! Did you impress them with your fire starting skills and adult beverage concoctions??

Any idea if you may still want to run it again with us?? If I'm not mistaken, from what I've read... it's only the Sibley Mansion part of the trail that's tough, right? Massey shows it as two trails going in at Mammoth and coming out further south on San Pedro River Road. If so, would we have both an easy and modified run for T r J in the same area?? Or, do you plan on running it the way you did with OP going through Klondike and out at Mammoth??

If you would, shoot me or Roland a PM, or post it here about your thoughts and ideas for using it. We'll add it to the short list if you think it meets our needs.

Thanks,
AJ

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:16 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Where is Copper Creek?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2010 11:52 am 
LOST Addict

djui5 wrote:
Where is Copper Creek?

Wanna bet the guy with over 500 posts wished he could of gotten some help with his trail question??

http://www.virtualjeepclub.com/showthread.php?t=28563

Anyway... a 30 mile Copper Creek loop trail is described in the Massey and Wilson book, the entire 81 mile trail is not. If you search online, and with a little luck, you can find a downloadable GPS map with the tracks ready to upload into your GPS....

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:
djui5 wrote:
Where is Copper Creek?

Wanna bet the guy with over 500 posts wished he could of gotten some help with his trail question??

*edited for family friendly forum browsing, my apologies*

Quote:
Anyway... a 30 mile Copper Creek loop trail is described in the Massey and Wilson book, the entire 81 mile trail is not. If you search online, and with a little luck, you can find a downloadable GPS map with the tracks ready to upload into your GPS....

That isn't what I was wondering, though I should have been more specific in my question, so for that I apologize. Let me ask it again:

What city is Copper Creek near?

BTW I am all for not passing out GPS cords and maps online, so don't think I was asking for that. Just wanted to clear that up.

Last edited by djui5 on Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 am 
LOST Addict

djui5 wrote:
AZKJ wrote:
djui5 wrote:
Where is Copper Creek?

Why are you such a nelson online?

Quote:

That isn't what I was wondering, though I should have been more specific in my question, so for that I apologize. Let me ask it again:

What city is Copper Creek near?

BTW I am all for not passing out GPS cords and maps online, so don't think I was asking for that. Just wanted to clear that up.

I don't appreciate the names, there's been none of it on this forum since the day I first registered almost three years ago. You come here unknown to anybody (just like the guy did on your other forum) asking where something is, so I "preface" the answer with an example of what I could expect from your buds. So what's the problem??

Anyway... I thought I was being more than helpful to you. I told you exactly where you could find the trail... in the Massey and Wilson book. You didn't ask what city is it near. Now that you have, I'll be even more helpful and point you in the right direction to the answer of your current question >>>>> Google is your friend, just type in Copper Creek, AZ.... it's the very first hit on the page.

http://www.google.com/search?q=Copper+C ... =firefox-a

Hope that helps!! I really hope to meet you one of these days, so I can clear up a few things....

Last edited by AZKJ on Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AZKJ wrote:
Hope that helps!! I really hope to meet you one of these days, so I can clear up a few things....

It does help, thanks. I hope to meet you one day also. I've been told you are a nice fellow in person, just come across wrong online.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:47 pm 
LOST Addict

djui5 wrote:
AZKJ wrote:

It does help, thanks. I hope to meet you one day also. I've been told you are a nice fellow in person, just come across wrong online.

Well thanks, I've heard similar about you.

FYI... if being direct, to the point and pointing something out is coming across wrong and being a nelson, yeah, I'm guilty. I read what I see and assume nothing. You asked a question, so first I pointed out in a "polite and direct" way that you were asking something here that the guys you run with would never do. Had you asked near what city, I would of answered southeast of Superior off Hwy 70 or 77, depending which way you went. I think my first answer was much better.

Note... you answered my post above while I was editing it to remove some of my sarcasm if you're wondering what was going on. Didn't want to come across as a bigger nelson...... case closed.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 10:34 pm 
LOST Junkie

That Arizona Mining country south and east of Superior is sounding very interesting. Unlike the creedos of other Jeep groups theres alot more to a trail than" 4.5 ratings or its not worth it" and you got to know a veteran "internet member" to get directions.
The prospect of great camping spots and awesome scenery is what we all are looking for in a TorJ possibility. And I am all for that.

Great for Vern to take one for the team and to scout this out. (We all know you had a blast!)

And great for AZKJ show the ways to find these places also and I doubt there will be hoards of Quads and low lifes instantly crowding up these places and trashing everything just because we are talking about this here.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Sun May 02, 2010 10:37 pm 
LOST Member

this thread makes me :(

that is all

Arizona Pinstriping, and desert dust custom paint overlay ;)

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 1:46 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Umm, so any way, Vern...when you wanna do this copper run?

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:44 am 
LOST Addict

Ideas... anyone???

There was a suggestion about an over night run to the Copper Creek area, but I haven't seen anymore on that. I'm still up for a Mojave Road Expedition over Memorial Day Weekend, or how about some day runs??? Surely everyone hasn't given up hitting the trails...........

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 6:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

May is completely booked for me and june and july will be too hot for this location. Looks like it's gonna have to wait until the fall for this run

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 9:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Oh C'mon, whats a little heat? I was at 125 earlier today...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:20 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

2006KJSPORT4x4 wrote:
Oh C'mon, whats a little heat? I was at 125 earlier today...

But you're superman. Us mere mortals can't hang

PostPosted: Mon May 10, 2010 11:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Night runs are fun :)