It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello AZ lost! Got any suggestions??
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:04 am 
LOST Newbie

I have been following the AZ lost section and all of your guys runs since I've been on here and I planned my intro to you guys to be "Hey Guys I got my Libby ready to get dirty can i play with guys too!" but unfortunately that hasn't been the case since i have had engine problems and the shop that was supposed to fix them not only took two weeks to replace the head gaskets they returned it to me running rough yesterday and when I showed concern they said "It's fine just its just got to clean out the crap from overheating and then it will smooth out". Even though I was hesitant I decided give it a shot. So........... I wasn't really suprised this morning when I started it and turned the A/C on and it started throwing codes and running like crap. I would rather not go back through all that on here but it is all on here viewtopic.php?f=3&t=53440
So my question is can you guys point me in the right direction so I can this thing fixed properly by a trustworthy mechanic? I would love to do it myself but I'm only in Phoenix because I am going to school, so I dont have any tools nor somewhere to do it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Post subject: Re: Hello AZ lost! Got any suggestions??
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey there,

Welcome and sorry to hear of your engine/mechanic woes. It's always tough to tell what shop you can trust and will do honest work for you. At any rate, I'd say contact Kevin at Kevin's Offroad and see if he knows of anyone in the area that may be able to help. He's been in the area for a while, at least from what I can tell, and he may be able to lead you in a safe direction for repairs.

If I recall correctly you actualy bought the rock rails off me? I hope they were able to fit up alright to your rig.

If you need Kevins number again let me know and I'll provide it to you.

Take care!!

-Scott

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:53 am 
LOST Newbie

Yep I bought your rails!! havent mounted them yet because this engine issue happened right when I was about to throw on the lift but I will contact Kevins offroad and see what they say thanks

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:07 am 
LOST Junkie

I can recommend Bill at 25th St Automotive (25th St just north of Indian School). It's a small shop that has a loyal client base. I've taken multiple vehicles to him for years. Warning! He is not inexpensive, but he is honest. He insists on using OEM replacement parts, gives you a warranty, and stands by everything. 602-955-2637 If you go, tell him Todd with the silver Liberty sent you.

TL

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:42 pm 
LOST Newbie

Thanks Todd, I have Mikes tire factory and service center diagnosing it right now and letting me know what exactly is wrong with it. Dont know if I'm going to have them do the work yet just want to know whats wrong. I will give Bill a call and talk to him once I know the issue. Anyone ever dealt with Mike's tire factory? They seem like they are legitimate but I'm a little gunshy after dealing with the scam artists that wasted three weeks of my time.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 11:37 pm 
LOST Junkie

Pray tell if you can give a general idea of who this wishy washy mechanic shop is that messed things all up. That is horrible service!
Maybe a general street corner so everybody can avoid this crackpot.
It bothers me when outfits treat thier customers this way....

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Absolutely I am planning on blasting them on the internet about this. Its Ace Automotive in mesa 3130 Main St. I picked it up from them and instantly said "this thing sounds like it's missing." and the mechanic said "Nah it's just running rough and needs to smooth out" The next morning I got the engine light and the misfire code. Found out the place only had one mechanic that works the shop and the owner/manager tells people to bring there cars and they will get to work on it immediately but then they park them in the back and give excuses for the delays. About five cars in the back when i picked mine up and mine got pushed to the front because i raised hell. They told me it would be done in five days, it took them 15 and they didn't even fix it. But that's OK they will have to take me to court to get the rest of the money because my credit card company isn't giving it to them.