It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: HELP ME OUT!!! IM THE NEW GUY!! HAHAHA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:34 am 
LOST Newbie

SO I HAVE AN 02 JEEP LIBERTY LOVE IT! AWESOME.. AND I AM LOW ON MY FREAKIN ROAD TIRES SO IM GONNA HAVE TO BUY NEW TIRES SOON :lol: AND I HAVE CRUISED THIS SITE TALKED TO SOME GUYS IN THE AZ ABOUT LIFTS BUT FORGOT THE NAME HAHA OOPS SO IF SOMEONE CAN TELL ME GOOD NAME BRANDS THAT ARE 3in LIFT KITS SUSPENSION LIFTS NOT SPACER LIFTS AND THEN TIRE SIZE THAT WOULD BEST FIT AND IF POSSIBLE WITHOUT POUNDING OUT THAT METAL ON THE FRAME AND ALL THAT JUNK.. BUT IF NEED BE THEN IT LOOKS LIKE THAT WILL BE FLATTEN :D SO SHOOT ME SOME MESSAGES ANY ADVICE WILL WORK. THANKS HOPING TO BECOME PART OF THIS AZ LOST GROUP SOON.

Post subject: Re: HELP ME OUT!!! IM THE NEW GUY!! HAHAHA
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:41 am 
LOST Addict

Welcome! :JEEPIN:

Word of advice though... no CAPS LOCK (THIS IS YELLING!!) and use some punctuation so we understand what youre sayin. :lol:

Check out the Frankenlift and some 245/75/16 M/Ts. Dont forget the skid plates and recovery points first though. :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:18 am 
LOST Newbie

hahah oops my bad i guess that would be obvious way of getting your point across over the internet wasnt meant to be yelling at all and thanks ill check them out.. is that what you are running under your jeep?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:24 am 
LOST Addict

Right now my KK has a JBA lift and 265/70/16 tires

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:44 am 
LOST Newbie

oh i gotcha, there are some 265 size tires at my work that i might be able to make a deal and try to legally steal them haha but that seems like it would be pretty big to fit under and i probably would have to pound that weld back.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:30 pm 
LOST Member

i am running the frankenlift premium on mine, 245/75-16 tires and no rubbing till i put on the wheel spacers but before that they fit like a glove

Arizona Pinstriping, and desert dust custom paint overlay ;)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

hmm i kinda want the wheel spacing for the stability too. Ill definatly look at the lift too. wont be to much longer :) tires are getting pretty wore out then it will be time to cruise :JEEPIN:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:11 pm 
LOST Junkie

Welcome! 2.5" Frankenlift and 245/75's on mine. I rub a bit here and there. I used to run 265/75's and rubbed just about everywhere...

Todd

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 3:45 am 
LOST Newbie

sweet, so is a franklin like the common used lift? seems like it or used alot anyway. are you all in az?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:39 am 
LOST Member

frankenlift is the easiest (the struts/springs come pre assembled) the others you have to take to a shop or get spring compressors and do that yourself, but i did not want to risk it as i have heard many stories of people loosing eyes and getting hurt when good spring compressors go bad lmao. i am in the chandler area and dont mind assisting, so if you need a hand when you get your lift if you need assist i may be willing to help.

Arizona Pinstriping, and desert dust custom paint overlay ;)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:09 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

M&P40 wrote:
frankenlift is the easiest (the struts/springs come pre assembled) the others you have to take to a shop or get spring compressors and do that yourself, but i did not want to risk it as i have heard many stories of people loosing eyes and getting hurt when good spring compressors go bad lmao. i am in the chandler area and dont mind assisting, so if you need a hand when you get your lift if you need assist i may be willing to help.

Actually, according to the mechanic who just did my lift (I am out of the country and my wife refused to do the install! :shock: ), the JeepinByAl Adjust-a-Struts ar the easiest lift he's ever put on.... But they do come with a "small" price premium! :ROTFL:

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:23 am 
LOST Newbie

whats like the best? i have been cruisin on this site for awhile now and everyone is always talking about this OME lift and everything is that such an awesome lift that everyone brags about it so much? and I work in a car shop so compressing and all that isnt much of a problem i dont think we have a machine for that stuff so i wont loose my eyes or have that come apart on me. im sure it is pretty scary site to see something like that :dead: