It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Trick or Jeep pics
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:36 pm 
LOST Member

here ya go!
morning of the run:
one of the many views on the trail:
ran in to a couple from Tuscon that were suprised to see another libby on the trail, let alone 2 of em. so we invited them along and helped them along the way:
Jerome from the outside lookin in:
taking a break to enjoy the scenery and weather:

Christina and I had a great time, it was sprinkling some friday night, but was dry all day and night saturday into sunday morning, the company and food were awesome.

until next time,
Robert

rest of pics here http://s230.photobucket.com/albums/ee26 ... ep%202010/

Arizona Pinstriping, and desert dust custom paint overlay ;)

Post subject: Re: Trick or Jeep pics
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:29 am 
LOST Junkie

Well among the things I forgot was my camera.
But>>>WOW<<<
What a Weekend! Tons of fun! Missing this organized run at a first class campground is a real Homer Simpson "Doh"!

We had rain! the entire first nite. Good time to see if your camping equipment will hold up (mine did!) Rest of the weekend has perfect. Due to the rain the modified trail was crossed off as the route runs in the middle of Martin Canyon thus trail is washed over. We did scenic Mingus Mountain. I had prerun both trails and foul weather would not opt out the stocker trail. We had a blast and ended up in Ghostly Jerome where we had lunch at the "Haunted Hamburger" eatery.

But a funny thing happened into the start of the trail. We had stopped so I can get my bearings as I was using google earth on a laptop as a guide as there sat a very neat looking lifted 2003 KJ looking (what else?) LOST. Ernie and Kieran came up to us, intro'ed themselves to us and we invited 'em into our group! They were very happy to join in and shared in our run and having a great time! Now thats recruiting! Ernie said he had been lurking this site but did not know he would have the time off till the last minute so he never signed in and posted. We will be seeing more of him and he hails from Tucson so our Tucson friends will be seeing him too!.

Another great Trick or Jeep in the books and another great time with good friends to remember for a long time. Ask Vern about his Mr Potatohead/pumkin/Frankenstein project--very cool.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hello everyone,

I'm Ernie, the owner of the khaki KJ in the photos. We were glad we ran into Roland, Robert and Christina on the trail. We definitely would not have gone much beyond the mine on our own.

The ride was a lot of fun! Very pretty day. The section of FS-413 into Jerome was narrow in parts. We got a lot of pinstripes.

BTW, I'm in the process of installing 4.10 gears and lockers, which should be installed by the end of next week. (Listed in signature but not actually done yet.) I have the differential rebuild kits. The gears were ordered from JBA and have been shipped. The ARB lockers should have been ordered today by the shop that's doing the installation (Tucson Differential). Still haven't decided where to put the switches. Hopefully the work will be done by the end of next week, after which I get to drive slow for 500 miles.

I've learned a lot from the LOST Jeep forum lately and over the years, thanks for the info!

Until later,
Ernie

4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

AJ the Frankenpumpkin:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2064690&id=1088970932&l=2baf6fcd8b

Good to see another Tucson person in the group, getting a few of us now which is great. Sounds like you are going to have a very solid Liberty with your gears and lockers. Tucson Differential did a great job for me installing my front locker. I think you will like them. I recommend making a priority of the armor, it will pay for itself in a short while
looking forward to getting a southern az trail run going soon, hope to see you there