It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ASA4WDC quarterly November 20 meeting, Wickenburg
PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 4:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

I will be attending this association meeting and report any significant items back the chapter.
The two hot issues are trail closures in the Parker area and now BLM Tucson is trying to quickly slide in closure of significant areas in Florence Junction. Reading some other treads in other forums shows that the trail through Martinez Canyon / Martinez Cabin is already lost (Coke Ovens too?) and some other rock crawling trails are already permanently closed(?!). The reasoning is access to these areas are through some State Lands (permit required) but mainly access through private lands, the the way to Box Canyon from Florence. Seems private land owners are complaining about the dust generated due to speeding vehicles.

Anyone interested to join me can--- just PM me to set up a meet--

BTW- the forum reporting the FJ closures ,, one guy said " maybe we need a lawyer on this"-- Well the association has a lawyer and I will observse whether we use him on this issue....More to come!
See this is the strength used by being part of this association-- to keep our trails open...

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

Post subject: Re: ASA4WDC quarterly November 20 meeting, Wickenburg
PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:34 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dangit, I caught this post too late. I would have loced to have joined you up there for this meeting Roalnd. Hope things went well. If you need any help with anything please let me know and I'll help where I can.

-Scott

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

Post subject: Re: ASA4WDC quarterly 11/20 meeting, Wickenburg/Plea for Sup
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:30 pm 
LOST Junkie

Meeting Report:
Alert, Major topic of concern and support needed.
The BLM's attempt to close Martinez Canyon (Florence Junction) and other popular trails in area has gained full steam and the Feds have railroaded/ hastened any appeal attempt for pro trail persons to voice up and keep these trails open. The only thing left is an appeal process with professional lobbyist help (professional lawyer help). This is where the assoication can help buy yours is needed too.

This lobbyist takes money to hire. Righteous lawyer hiring. This is not cheap but the association is blessed by delegates who know legal services for a fair price. This appeal and legal process takes approx $3000 a month of legal rendering and would take at least 2 plus months.

ASA4WDC will pledge matching funds out of its treasury for $5000. But that is to match donated individual funds, member club funds and vendor sponsor funds.
The following is exerpted from the associations request for funds and the result of matching funds.
Chris is the delegate:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASA4WDC Challenge - IMMEDIATE Help Needed
We all know people are facing hard times in both the OHV world and daily life however this is the most important time for OHV here in AZ over the last 20 years. We have major motorized travel plans being concluded all over the state that will govern OHV travel on those lands for the next 20 years. Based on the prior success and the future need to secure the AZOHVC Lobbyist on a full time basis the board of the ASA4WDC (Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs) has proposed this challenge to the OHV community in Arizona.

In order for us to even consider writing an appeal on the Florence plan to try to keep Martinez, Woodys Wash and Overdose open we MUST have our Lobbyist on staff. Without his help on this appeal we will basically have no chance to keep those trails open. The amount of work/networking/politics that go into an appeal at the IBLA level is astounding and NONE of us in the state have all of the knowledge of the process and contacts to pull it off. Remember this plan will dictate the motorized travel in this area for the next 20 years. We feel we have excellent grounds for keeping these trails open however we NEED your help to attempt this monumental task.

The ASA4WDC will match dollar for dollar up to $5,000.00 any donation from the general public going to support regaining full time sponsorship of the AZOHVC Lobbyist. This means if we raise 1k they will match 1k. If we raise 10k they will match 5k. You all get the gist. This money is going to be donated on top of the 5k per year the ASA Land Action Committee donates for support of the AZOHVC Lobbyist.

There are several different ways you can contribute.

Paypal (please notate on your payments this is for ASA4WDC CHALLENGE)

Asa4wdc@comcast.net

azohvc@yahoo.com

Checks/Money Orders/Cash can be sent to the following Addresses for both the AZOHVC and ASA4WDC (Please notate that funds are for ASA4WDC Challenge.)

Arizona State Association of 4 Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc.

P.O. Box 23904

Tempe, AZ 85285

Arizona Off-Highway Vehicle Coalition

P.O. Box 71098

Phoenix, AZ 85050-1007

Thank you to all 4 Wheel Drive clubs for offering up this generous donation to keep Arizona moving forward in the fight for open access. The continuation of our efforts to employ our lobbyist will allow us to fight the current Air Quality legislation which any one of the bills could destroy OHV travel in Maricopa County. Will allow us to move forward with the Florence Junction MGCP Travel Management Plan, Continue assistance to our OHV users in the Lake Havasu area, along with the numerous Forest Service TMP’s that are currently ongoing. The Lobbyist is our eyes and ears in the capital, without his help we are severely handicapped in our fight. This not only includes bills in the house and senate, but revision and presiding over the OHV Sticker which is providing on the ground funds for OHV projects that have not only been approved, but mostly completed to date.

We urge you to take our rights for Open Access seriously and donate today, allowing us to keep the fight moving forward.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember AZ LOST JEEPS sticker decal has an illustration of an obsticale on Martinez Loop on the way to Martinez Cabin. OUR OWN DECAL LOCATION WILL BE BANNED if we fail on this one so please help.

Please PM me if you need any more elaboration or other points of the meeting. Thanks
Roland

Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:26 pm 
LOST Junkie

I think an immediate officer club meeting is in order. A donation of our club funds would be a great idea. If I recall we have a few pennies saved up after we slaved away on the Rubicon. I personally think that at least $100 or more donation would be exceptable. We sure as heck havent made any money these last years, but havent spent too much either.

Mike, Roland, Ernie, Beth...??? What do you guys think?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:24 am 
LOST Junkie

But of course a $100 or so donation can be sent by/ on behalf of the club to the matching ASA4WDC funds needs to be done.

The text/jist of this message is:
>>Federal outfits like BLM are starting to find the "fastrack" procedures and are pushing very quickly on things.
>>Moves to close trails programs are trying to define what we will be looking at for the next 20 years. By doing a formal appeal on current Florence Junction issues we strive to show what we feel the future will be!

HERE, HERE for a $100 ASA4WDC matching fund Challenge via AZ LOST JEEPS!

Roland

Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:29 pm 
LOST Junkie

The area is on the Martinez Loop.

This is important stuff! I would not like to see our club sticker logo banned.

Roland

Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:11 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I will send a personal donation. I support sending a club donation of $100 as well.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Support the donatio nas well, even though I'm jsut a normal member :wink:

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

PostPosted: Sat Dec 04, 2010 5:55 pm 
Moderator / Lifetime Member

Roland thanks for attending the meeting and bringing back this very important information !!
I am very much in agreement that AZLOST should contribute towards the cause. Someone mentioned $100.00 and thats a great start ! I would like to make the motion for a $200. contribution to the challenge. What do you think ? :JEEPIN:

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 4:28 pm 
LOST Junkie

Yep - if this needs a second lets go for it.

IIRC this appeal needs to be filed by DEC 9 or 10th so we need to move on this very soon!
$200 towards this endeavour sounds good to help preserve our trails to remain open!

Roland

Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 7:38 pm 

On behalf of AZLOST, we have sent out a check to the ASA4WDC Challenge for $200.00 :rockon:

LIFETIME KJ MEMBER.....and dang proud off it !!!