It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: FITS
PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:38 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey folks, I am back from Texas and would like to see if we can get something going for Fun in the Sun this year. We don't have a lot of time so we need to get things organized for this event. Some things to consider.; We need to get some shwag for the raffle. If anyone has any ideas of connections let me know. Mike D, if you could send me your vendor letter that you have I would like to start poking those companies for some gear. Also, trail suggestions are needed as well as a campground. If anyone would like to help or would be willing to let me delegate a piece of the pie to them let me know. Let’s jump on this and have a great time like last year. I will be rounding up participants from outside the club as well to help make the event bigger and maybe attract some new members.

What say you AZ LOST peeps?

Post subject: Re: FITS
PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hello E. Neatus, this is E. Draco.

I'm interested, but my wife and I are planning a major trip this spring. So whether I/we can go kind of depends on the dates.

Ernie

4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:32 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

You know I'm in. We just need a date. One thing I have thought of is to combine FITS and trick or jeep in october. Just an idea

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Regarding location, what about Kofa National Wildlife Refuge?

Just a thought.

4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:02 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

neatus,

I still got the big Hi-lift banner that Mike had gotten form them, maybe we can petition them for some schwag again and let them know we'll have a banner up too, if I remember right they sent in some sweet stuff!!

I'll contact my dad too about some mechanics and trails gloves and some safety glasses too if he can spare some.

Powertank also donated some sweet coupons last year, maybe they can do the same again for those interested in getting a system for their jeep, motorhome, or what have you.

I also have a gift to donate too, I got it the last time I attended (not sure if that was last years or not, geez time flies). it is a recovery strap bracket that can be mounted in the Jeep to hold your recovery strap or otherwise.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know...

AEV 3.5" RS Lift; Schrockworks FR bumper and Warn 9.5ti winch; Cobra 75 CB; Rigid 50" LED light bar; Adventure Trailers (AT Overland) JK Kitchen setup in the cargo area.
Southern L.O.S.T. # 236487

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So Cal LOSTJeeps wants to run with us also. Maybe we can schedule something together along the river area. I promised annette I would work with her to put something together

PostPosted: Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:40 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ps- Neatus

I just noticed I have been a member exactly two hours and 48 minutes longer than you have. Trippy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 9:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

oldhockeyvb wrote:
ps- Neatus

I just noticed I have been a member exactly two hours and 48 minutes longer than you have. Trippy

Ha, that is weird...I think we were both members of the old board and then signed up on the new one after we switched. I think I joined in 2003. I bet that sign up date was not as trippy.

On the whole FITS and TorJ thing. I think it is a great idea to combine them this year and to get something going with the Cali folks. Even if it is just for this year. This will give the club some time to regroup with the loss of our buddy AJ and with all the other members going to school and new jobs etc....we also may need to get some new officers in here as we are now missing pretty much half of the old crew.

What say you peeps (Roland) ? Should we just do out on the fly trips until next Trick or Jeep and combine FITS with it? I bet we could get quite the trip going for Oct if we start planning now and get the Cali folks in on the run.

Just some thoughts.

Ernie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:04 pm 
LOST Junkie

Absent Roland here.....
Involvement by Lost Jeep peeps as it is is lackluster at best. :cry:
Maybe the economy but keep an eye on this forum and especially the rest of the Lost Jeep website and there are numerous AZ folks chiming in and giving opinions/input to various topics. So they are out there....
It infuriated AJ and it makes me sad to see low actual turnouts! Cause when this AZ group gets together there are no finer a bunch of folks in a common comaderie!!--

So what can bring these AZ folks out?.... If they are afraid of a "club structure with meetings and requirements" Trust Me !! it is not here! And I say that in a positive as it gets expensive to play with these fine Jeeps/rigs we enjoy-- BUT we gotta go camping/wheeling/gathering at least 1 time a year! Maybe advance notice and combination of events AND involvement of the So Cal Lost Jeeps will help.

This involvement means sort of formal contact and there are others in AZ that know and can contact JJKJ or Burchie or some other of those fine folks and strike up an Accord. (Umm a prerun meeting on the river sounds good...)

Me did 2800 miles to South Texas round trip and had a blast!
Stopped and removed my JEEP cap and bowed at the site of Neatus' accident on I-10 by Pecos River and was sad..
And I have mechincal problems- an annoying Whump, Whump from the front end. Relpaced EVERYTHING now 'cept the front pumkin so that is next... Gotta love those D30a's...

I'm here, I'm willing to help, And here after while I will PM Neatus on status of continued involvement with statewide land use issues.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!