It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Go West Young Man, Go West!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hello 'Zonies. Been awhile since I've been on the general forums here. Today I am on a mission.

The time has come to make a big move and I'm looking for expert advise, opinions, knowledge, what-have-you, about two area's of Arizona - New River and Apache Junction.

I've been all over the 'net doing research and realize I need to spend some time researching these two towns in person however I will really appreciate any and all comments from those who know the area's. Soon after the holidays / new year, I plan to spend 2 - 3 weeks checking out both areas.

For now, plans include purchasing a single family home (tract's are not a option). I will be looking for real estate (small, medium size property in open land areas).

Thanks for your time and I'll be back soon.

- Jerry

Post subject: Re: Go West Young Man, Go West!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:37 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Welcome Jerry, we look forward to meeting you and hanging out together. Both areas are very different but both are nice also. You really need to come hang out here for a while to get a feel for the vibe of those locations. It depends on what types of things you are into. The areas are far apart geographically. New River is far north, closer to the mountains and forests of northern AZ. AJ is far east valley and closer to lakes, desert, great four wheeling (actually great four wheeling in both locations). Lots of cool new stuff on the north side of Phoenix with the growth of the Anthem area so lot's of good shopping and entertainment options. Not so sure about AJ. That area has seen a lot of growth also though in the Gold Canyon area. Come hang out with us this winter and we'll show you around. I live in Tucson myself and love it, personally I wouldn't live anywhere near the valley, but that's just me. Many people say the same thing about Tucson.

Post subject: Re: Go West Young Man, Go West!
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Hey Vern -

I've been considering AZ for awhile but just recently discovered New River which looks like my kind of place from the various videos & photos I've seen. Inquiring (on the www) about the area had more than one person suggest I look into AJ too. Aside from wheeling the Rubi, I've recently gotten back in the saddle. I bought a new Harley. So once again, riding is my other passion, if you will.

As for inquiring about the area's, I just thought who better to ask and appreciate advise from than fellow Jeepers from AZ! Sometimes I'm a little slow. lol.

I prefer to live in a open area and although the convenience of shopping & such would be nice, I'm not completely apposed to traveling short distances. I will be selling 2 homes here in Chicago and a small dump truck business. My employer has several facilities in the Maricopa County area alone.

Speaking of that county, no way would I live in the city of Phoenix. I've been there. Which reminds me, I've heard a lot of bad things about Tucson (and not simply referring to crime). I do realize everything you read or hear regarding the various areas of AZ (especially from those on the 'net) must be taken with a grain of salt but I was considering Tucson at one time too. Meanwhile, as for north of Phoenix, I really like the beauty of Flagstaff but it's not a option for me to literally reside there. Anyway...

Thanks for the reply and invite. I will certainly let you know when I plan to leave for AZ. Oh yeah, I'm thinking I will be driving out this coming Jan.