It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:55 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swapped my ride
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am no longer a jeep owner sadly. :(
I swapped my wife for her Nissan XTerra (2WD) and traded my rubicon for a Nissan Versa for her. I am still set up for camping and easy roads but will have to ride along with my friends on the 4x4 trails. I gotta say I am loving the XTerra, it rides nice, can tow my jetski and travel trailer and has a lot of room. This is a move toward the next phase of my life and has been coming for a while now. I will never forget the friends and good times I've had with this wonderful group. Lest you think otherwise this is not the end. I still look forward to many more camping expeditions with the group, so don't think you have seen the last of me. Hopefully we can schedule some weekend camping trips to the mountains yet this summer.

Post subject: Re: Swapped my ride
PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:21 am 
LOST Junkie

Geez!!
Wow what a change but you gotta do what you gotta do!
I know your love of wheeling with all its wonder and rewards will always be in your heart and another Jeep or 4WD will stiil be in your future. Your decision is obviously key to what you need to do to continue on and have reliable transportation for you and your wife and keep your family good running vehicles. Versa means high mileage and in this day thats a very good idea. Xterra is a very nice SUV.
Yeah we need to plan a day run sometime - in Tucson or here - as it has been a long time since last time. Being with our group to me is fun enough so looking forward to see ya soon!

Yeah CRD is back in the shop- premature failure of the turbo (again!). Mechanic is embarrassed and is replacing free of charge however. And meanwhile wifey's VW TDI is still running good at 140K miles on the clock and still getting 45 MPG HWY.

Roland

215x85 LRD BFG Commercial A/T's, Rola Rack, V6 airbox, Fumoto valve
10K winch, B5 Biodiesel (ULSD CP3 lube)
Its a Diesel baby!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Vern,

I'm sorry to hear you got rid of your LJ Rubicon. One of the best Wranglers ever, IMHO. I consider the 103.4" wheelbase to be great, similar to a Liberty. Short enough to be nimble on trails, but long enough for cargo and towing. I say all this because I've been looking into buying one! What I really want is an LJ with a Cummins 4BT diesel conversion. Unfortunately, the EPA disagrees and I doubt I could get one registered in Pima County. That's why I'm probably NOT going to buy one. Tucson Chrysler Jeep has one for sale that I looked at last weekend. It's still for sale.

Anyway, thanks for your message!

Roland, I'm sorry your CRD is acting up. I want my next Jeep to be a diesel, either from the factory or a street-legal conversion. There's the eternal hope that a diesel Wrangler will be out in the next few years. Plus Bruiser says they'll have a 50-state legal conversion out in the next few years. We want the mileage plus the ability to tow a 2500 -- 3000 lb camper in the mountains (dreams for the future).

Ernie

4.10 gears, front & rear ARB lockers, Boulder Bars, AFE Stage 2 intake
Surco rack w BajaRack jerry can holder
Cobra 75 WX ST

06 LJ Rubi, 3.5" RE SA and 33" BFG KM2s, GenRight tank

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:32 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Vern, come help me put a lift on the Land Cruiser!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:30 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bring it over!