It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Off-road friendly dealership
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:39 am 
LOST Member

I just wanted to advise the AZ group that Airpark Jeep in Scottsdale decided to fix my front differential. I've been working with Eric Leis, a service manager over there. After popping my front diff and taking it to a few dealers (including Airpark) who denied the claim, I had given up hope. Going in one day to get parts, Eric sees me and walks up and tells me that they had a stock Jeep snap their diff and they decided to fix it. He thought it was unfair that they fixed one on a stock Jeep with no mods but wouldn't fix mine. They initially said it was the tires that had put pressure on the diff. Now, after seeing it happen to a stock one, that argument no longer stood up and he told me they would fix it under warranty. Eric has been real helpful with my overheating problem as well. We haven't found a fix but he has seen it twice trying different things to get it right. I told him I was thankful and that I would let everyone in the group know about it. So, if you are looking for a good dealer I would recommend them. I also bought my CRD there at $300 over invoice so I thought they were top notch all around. Tell him that Dave with the Black CRD sent you! He knows me well...

Hope this helps!

Dave

Yukon Rear Axles
265/75 16 TrXus M/T's and Bridgestone Revo's
Fumoto Valve
Aero Turbine 2525
Rock Lizard Komodo Bumper
Sundance Custom's Front Bumper

Post subject: Dave, glad this worked out
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:53 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dave please be sure to let the dealer know about this website and where this post is. It is so good to see that dealers are seeing the KJ as just another Jeep. This is great news for all the KJ guys and it is so cool to see some very good Jeep Dealers out there. Maybe you need to add a link to the vendors section...but again be sure to let the service manager know where the link to this post is. later...Clint

KE7JLP

Post subject: All fixed? Lets play!
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 4:07 pm 
LOST Junkie

Dave,

OK, lets go try and break something new then! I've got the Powertrax in and haven't had it off road yet (chirping the tires around street corners is still stupidly enjoyable). I can go this weekend (finally) but not the next. Anyone up for a mini run in Phoenixland? I'll check to see if the Rolls (by Saguaro) or Lower Sycamore is open again now that they are 'wet'.

Todd

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 1:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am glad to hear your KJ is all fixed up!!! Airpark has been great ever since I switched service advisors! They know all about us, at least their sales department does. I was there one day test driving the CRD actually when Matt (a sales manager) asked me about the WWW.KJJEEP.COM sticker on my 03. I brought them in a few pictures to put on their bulletin board with one of the stickers. I have go down there and tell them we changed web addresses, but one of sales guys, Jerry Lynch, shows those pictures to everyone looking at a Liberty and he tells them about us! Good publicity!!!
By the way Dave, I moved to the Desert Schools branch right by where you work...I see you almost every morning, like clockwork. So keep a look out cause I try to wave at you and I never get one back :( .

~Bethany

Ipod in the dash receiver... never have to listen to radio again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 2:18 pm 
LOST Member

Quote:
I try to wave at you and I never get one back

It must be a Dave thing. He does not answer back phone calls, emails or PMs either. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:36 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I actually have been wondering....I"m currently working with Earnhardt (redesigning their data stores and the non-graphic part of about 20 of their websites).

I have access to (almost daily meetings) upper mgmt and have been wondering how to get them to do more to promote the off-road capabilities of the Liberty.

Any suggestions?

Post subject: Have them join us on a run for starters
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 7:07 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So they can see first hand what the liberty can do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:23 pm 
LOST Member

Bethany...I'm sorry I missed your wave. I'm half asleep in the morning as it is but now I'll be on the lookout for you. Where do you see me at? I'll try to see if I can spot you.

Travis...my bad. I'm not ignoring you, I've just got issues...I tried to call you today several times and left a message. I know you wanted to do a night run on fr42 but I saw that it was closed. If you don't run tonight, maybe we can do one tomorrow. I will set up a new post and see if anyone bites.

Dave

Yukon Rear Axles
265/75 16 TrXus M/T's and Bridgestone Revo's
Fumoto Valve
Aero Turbine 2525
Rock Lizard Komodo Bumper
Sundance Custom's Front Bumper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:39 pm 
LOST Member

Just having a fun poke at ya Dave. I hope everything is ok. I will not be wheeling this weekend. :shock: With the new baby coming in a few months, the woman has stolen my office and has me scrubbing,cleaning and painting stuff. LOL
I might sneak out to 7th street and Deer Valley tomorrow late afternoon to twist it up a bit. That would be only if i get lucky.
I think we are susposed to run the White Tanks next weekend on the 14th with Vern. Maybe then. Cya

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Dave, its alright I noticed you looked a little sleepy in the A.M. I see you at the intersection on Raintree and Northsight. No worries though, just wanted to give you a heads up! :D
See ya soon!

~Bethany

Ipod in the dash receiver... never have to listen to radio again!