It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Quest for more Jeep owners
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

I dont see many NW members or people even checking on this site.
Buzzer Gave me a great idea. He actually printed out a bunch of flyers that advertise the Lost kj.com as well as poorboy club.
The poorboy club as a great club but only a few Jeep rigs. I still will continue to go up with poorboy because i like the people in that group but im looking for more Jeep people. I plan on laminating some 3x5 cards full color ad. I know of about 25 jeeps just in the parking lot of where i work that i can put them on.
Any thoughts?? The plan is to generate either more clubs locally or just to get some groups together.
I dont really want to start a club myself because of the extra time and i really dont know alot of trails. Im not a good scout when it comes to trails and also not that experienced in the 4 wheel drive aspect.
I wouldnt mind adding poorboy club to the flyer but if people are like me the fact that there are big rigs turns me away from most clubs.
I have been in a club before and it was an unpleasant experience since my rig was much smaller. If i got stuck the bigger rig guys thought it was funny to pull bumpers off smaller rigs to show how much power there trucks had.

Tell me your thoughts.

Bend oregon

Post subject: RE: Qwest for more Jeep people
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:19 am 
LOST Newbie

roccet,

I thought that Bullet was trying to get the NW group up and running? I know that I was contacted, maybe she got a members listing for the Oregon Washington area and PM'd them in an attempt to get teh group organized.

If I recall, at the time she was attempting to put together a run down in the Tillamook, OR area. At any rate, my work schedule doesn't normally include weekends so getting ut with the group is sort of impossible for me. I get off on my own every few weeks, but that is usually time limited as well, but still enjoyable. I would like to be in a Liberty club, if for nothing else than to meet some interesting people! But again, but schedule is a real inhibitor.

I will have to

Post subject: RE: Qwest for more Jeep people
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:28 am 
LOST Newbie

roccet,

I thought that Bullet was trying to get the NW group up and running? I know that I was contacted, maybe she got a members listing for the Oregon Washington area and PM'd them in an attempt to get the group organized.

If I recall, at the time she was attempting to put together a run down in the Tillamook, OR area. At any rate, my work schedule doesn't normally include weekends so getting ut with the group is sort of impossible for me. I get off on my own every few weeks, but that is usually time limited as well, but still enjoyable. I would like to be in a Liberty club, if for nothing else than to meet some interesting people! But again, but schedule is a real inhibitor.

I will have to agree with you on your comment about the people ion some groups being troublesome; and arrogant I guess. Several years back I had a Wrangler; before the TJ version, and I joined a Jeep club. In fact I met the club president while I had been out with a friend and ran across he and some others looking at the new TJ on a dealer's lot. He and I went back out and he was a very decent guy - so I joined the club. About a month later I got out to go on a run with them. I had a bone stock rig, but this guy said no problem and that they would look out for me. However when I got there; well first of all my rig was dwarfed by the built Cj's, etc. But the people in the club put me off the whole day as the first things they talked about was, like you were saying, how they would end up tearing off the fenders, bumpers, etc on my righ if they had to help me out. Needless to say, I haven't even looked for a club since; and I told this to Bullet when she was "recruiting" as well.

Still, I see Libertys all over the Portland Area and looking at the site I see people, who are local, that are getting out with their Libertys. Maybe another email campaign across the two states might get, at least, a core group started. Who know's after that an a couple of good runs it might just snowball. I do see some other "modified" Libertys in the Portland area a well, so maybe they could be reeled in.

In conclusion, I don;t know just how active I could be - time, money, all of that, but it would be nice to belong; especially as a viable off-spring of the L.O.S.T guys.

Keep me posted, and I'll try to check back more frequently. i am going to try and get out to MT Hood Nat'l Forest or up to the Lost Lake area near Hood River tomorrow - on my one day off a week!

Take care,

darrel

Post subject: excuses are like...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2007 2:57 pm 
LOST Member

I hate to make excuses on my lack of...participation but I wrapping up my masters degree at WWU and will probobly be moving in the next 6 months.

I don't have a lot of free time to enjoy this great area but hopefully this summer I will reward myself with a lift and some armor so I can keep up and not be a liability. So if this thang doesn't pick up by then maybe our first meeting could be a lift party! Anyone else planning on getting lifted soon? Anyone have a shop to use?

edit:Where is my spellchecker!

Mopar skids, Flowmaster 50 delta

Post subject: Not the first time...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:55 pm 
LOST Newbie

A few of us tried to start a PNW group more than a few times... it just never has gained traction for some reason.

I'm all for trying again and will wheel anytime.

Skyjacker Coil Lift
Garvin roofrack
ARB Bumper
ARB airlockers front & back
Airflow Snorkel
Lots of armor
245/65/R16's

http://701Builder.Blogspot.com

Post subject: Ellensburg
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:51 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm always looking for somone to go off-roading with! I'm in Ellensburg and would be open to being a contact person for off-roading in this area. I know most of the trails. I got chewed out the other day for going up Shoestring by myself when it was raining. It got so bad I had to turn around and go back. My website has lots of picts of the trails around here.

~Catherine

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/catherine.anderson/

Post subject: Re: Ellensburg
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:42 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

XJJeepGirl wrote:
I'm always looking for somone to go off-roading with! I'm in Ellensburg and would be open to being a contact person for off-roading in this area. I know most of the trails. I got chewed out the other day for going up Shoestring by myself when it was raining. It got so bad I had to turn around and go back. My website has lots of picts of the trails around here.

~Catherine

What happened to your CRD? It's not in your sig?

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject: Missing my liberty
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:36 am 
LOST Newbie

It got to the point where I couldn't work anymore and ended up having to sell the liberty :( I haven't worked since last November and there is no way I could afford the $400 per month payment. I miss it though. Still wish they made them with the D30 solid axle though.

~XJJeepGirl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:47 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

:( :( :( :( :( Sorry that.

'06 CRD Limited, Lt. Khaki, MOPAR Slush Mats/Skids, DrawTite Front Hitch, Mag Lite, Yakima Bars, Thule Bike Rack, Fumoto, ORM, 245/70 Revo 2

Wish list: Lift, Boulder Bars, Something Bigger in the Front and Back, More Lights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 2:43 pm 
LOST Member

I graduated and can finally start going out on the weekends if anyone wants to.

Mopar skids, Flowmaster 50 delta

Post subject: nw Pathetic!!
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:56 am 
LOST Newbie

NW jeep owners are really letting me down.
I have tried a dozen groups and all have fallen short. they may plan one trip and then fail to communicate anything further.
always big idea big plans and then nothing.
Columbia river muddy jeeps have tried and failed so many times but at least they keep trying .. others have fallen short .
I have gone up with several groups once and then nothing. Im not about to go up with the big rigs because there no respectfu of anything let alone there vehicles. I want a jeep group and specifically liberties. I had to drive 2600 miles to moab and back just to hang with other jeep people?? pathetic!!
NW has more terrain than any other region and can even seem to get it together???

Bend oregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:47 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It's that independant streak! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:15 pm 
LOST Member

Well for now i'll be running with the Poorboy group till i see more runs/turnout...nothing personal guys.....
Your all welcome to run with the Poorboy group too....we tend to hit TSF/browns camp(Tillimook state forest)-Sandlake-Crooked finger and others in the area... we leave NO ONE BEHIND!!! (Stock-Mod-Extream Mod as long as you wheel it..)
www.poorboyoffroad.com go to forums and say HI! We have many JEEP owners, but few Liberty ones.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:58 pm 
LOST Junkie

I work 12 hour shifts over the weekend. 6 am - 6 pm. One nice thing about it the trails have a lot less people on them on my days off. One thing I've noticed though, it's getting real hard to find legal wheelin' areas close to the Portland/Vancouver area. When I was younger you just picked a spot out of many areas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:18 am 
LOST Newbie

I want to go wheelin' with some people that own liberties!!! We need to get a group together and go out to browns camp and do some trails. No one else that I know of has the right size vehicle to do browns camp. My local wheelin' buddy has a lifted Tundra and its just to big to do some of the trails up there. Im thinking we should get together late August/early September and do some wheelin'!!! Let me know

Corbin

K&N Aircharger Cold Air Intake
Rusty's Liberty Exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 Series
245/75/16 BFG A/T's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 4:16 pm 
LOST Member

i've been all over Browns camp in my Liberty..(Stock - Tire size)

you'll need a good guide...theres nothing like having to back down a trail due to lack of clearance..... Some trails r Liberty freindly..... others change from time to time, due to weather/Trail repair/corrosion....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:58 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah, theres some good stuff out there. Archers Fireback is the one that I found to be the hardest. I haven't done it start to finish but I have done many of the sections. Truck Dent is another of my favorites but its down the highway further at Diamond Mill OHV area. I don't think I could have done Browns Camp at stock height. But with a lift and some tires it alot easier and I need to go find some blacks to do instead of staying on the greens and blues.

Corbin

245/75/16 BFG A/T's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:12 pm 
LOST Member

My offroad club does the trail repair on 7-up.....
Bare in mind he's pulling a trailer 1/2 full of rock up this trail...
I like Hogsback as well!! the way it jars u right at the top....
it's funny to see people on top of it and a basicly stock liberty roll right up it....... when some others can't

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 12:18 am 
LOST Newbie

Yeah theres alot that I haven't done up there. I need to go again and camp up there for a few days and do as many as I can. I have a really small map and its hard to find some of the trails on it. I just need to learn the forest so I will spend less time on the roads and more time on the trails.

Corbin

245/75/16 BFG A/T's