It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: another get together
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

here is a clip from our forum for this weekend.

I want to enter off Livingston Mt Rd onto DNR Rd 1000, our first turn off is after the private houses end. That road has a way around the gate. That gate has been locked for about 5 years. I'd like to see it because I was never on it. There's a few gates open on 1400. Plus, there's some quad trails or jeep trails off 1400 that look interesting. Then, we can go back to Road 1000 and hang a left towards the prison. Past that is a road off to the right which is the 1200 Road. About a half mile along, there is a fork. The left fork has been closed for years...it's the 1210 Road. This week end, it was open! It's been closed for years also!! I'd also like to try that 1210 fork if we have time and gas. If I had but one choice, it would be the 1210 road because a few Jeeps could do it. I've never been on it so I don't know what's there....that to me is interesting as it's new scenery and territory.
I was looking at the map....1210 goes on for a long while. This road forks....the left fork leads you to 1100-C Rd which eventually dumps you on DNR 1100 which a long time later drops you at Copper Creek. What a run for drier weather. Anyone want to look at the maps with me at my house is welcome. Before a run, I used to get my crew over so we can bs where we're going. Most of 1210 is deep snow and definitely ice. You'll be running over 3000 feet for most of the ride according to topograpical maps.

Time is open...I was planning on leaving at 0900 but it can be earlier. We can meet at the same spot as last time. 119th and 503....there's a shell gas station there and a parking lot on the side.

Always a good time and always other jeeps..
We only have one vehicle in our group that does not have a jeep.

Bend oregon