It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: So I might be moving here....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:00 pm 
LOST Member

Thats right. My company is opening a facility in Portland Oregon and they are look at me to move there and open the north west. What can you guys tell me about the place?

Wheeling?
Weather?
Living?
Life in general?

Photos would be awesome too...:) I grew up in Boston, have lved in 7 other places and now reside in denver colorado.

This is my Jeep...
Thanks
joe

Post subject: portland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 10:54 am 
LOST Newbie

lots of wheeling places.. from sand to mud and plenty of rocks. Eastern oregon is high desert lots of places to go there.
Bend is Very beautiful lots of skiing at Mt Bachelor. lots of snow to play in. Weather is like a rollercoaster here. and dont let people tell you it rains so much here cause let me tell you there are alot more places that rain much more than here. Right now its 35 degrees a bit cold but no rain kinda cloudy.. its suppose to rain in easter sunday but thats about it.. The Coast is alot of fun Sandlake is a place to go play with your jeep.
Tillamook national forest area (browns camp) is a great place to go serious 4x .

Cost of living here is a bit expensive. especially in the multnomah county. No state tax as yet. and the highest fuel prices in the country. I pay generally arond 3.15 per gallon for 89 but you can find cheaper and more expensive.

housing prices are insane 2 examples. My brothers house was built for 275k 2 years ago is now appraised for 790k
my house was purchased 1.5 years ago for 160k was just appraised @ 315k
avg house price is now about 275k where last year 170k was average and the year prior was 100k
My wage has not increased to keep up with the economy and have made the same amount for the last 3 years.
avg income just to survive should be around 60k but many jobs dont pay even that much. Im fortunate that i make much more than that because honestly with kids you just cant make it on that kind of money unless your squeezing pennys or financing life thru credit cards and payments on everything.

Alot of transplant of people live here. I have lived here all my life. No offence but seems the people that have not lived here before are a bit Edgy not relaxed and Rude.
You will never be bored in oregon thats for sure. to much todo..

Bend oregon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2007 10:49 pm 
LOST Member

local wheeling group here in the Portland area.....

www.poorboyoffroad.com

go to forums...thats were we are all hidding...lol