It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Why is this forum so dead? Is here still anyone around?
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:21 am 
LOST Member

Well I hope it picks up around here, I'm finally making my way back down to Portland and I'm gonna be itching to hit up good old Tillamook State Forest. I haven't wheeled browns camp in years ...... I can't wait

2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L (stock for now)
Homemade Roof Rack or Thule Atlantis 2100

Comming Soon: 2.25RR", 265/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs, wheel spacers, 6000k HID's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3314060

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:50 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I am moving to MO in two months, so ANYONE want to go wheeling in June?? WA area... Evan's Creek??

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

I had to wait 6 days before I could take it off-road... now, I can't wait to go again! ...went up behind Brown's Camp last Sunday with several Wranglers. Heard many lifted truck driver's say their "impresion of the Liberty was completely changed" and some who simply watched hoping for carnage were bummed as I crawled up things without needing a winch. Didn't even scrap the rocks!

I'm up for wheeling the coastal range... hope to head up and check out the Olympic Pan in WA maybe next summer.oo eventually I want to do the Oregon Back Country Discovery Route (Is there anyone who like to wheel the East side of the Cascade Mountain range?!?!?)

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:55 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So my last trip here in WA will be before July 1st, could do Olympic area (cgoogle Tahuya ORV) or Evans creek, (Mt Rainer Area) OR

If I convice the wife we can meet up in portland First week of July? I plan on staying with some family in Sherwood area... not familiar with wheeling down by you Jumps, maybe Tillamook/beaverton? I thought I heard people going there. Can't do anything crazy because driving the jeep to MO right after :)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:14 am 
LOST Newbie

Sooo.... does that mean that Crushers Trail is out?!?! (pictured below)

I love the rest of the trails out in the Tillamook State Forest OHV (20 min west of Beaverton)
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstat ... ails.shtml (link to a PDF'd trails map on that page)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:17 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

JumpsInPuddles wrote:
Sooo.... does that mean that Crushers Trail is out?!?! (pictured below)

I love the rest of the trails out in the Tillamook State Forest OHV (20 min west of Beaverton)
http://www.oregon.gov/ODF/tillamookstat ... ails.shtml (link to a PDF'd trails map on that page)

Hmmm, well I DO have my skids, and I was planning on putting my RL super sliders on... so tempting!

Thanks for the link, I will check out the Tillamook area trails!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:47 pm 
LOST Addict

roccet wrote:
I mostly do mild overland explorations now. once in awhile i might do something technical but for the most part i just want to enjoy my jeep and going places others dont travel often to or even can get to . Around here its all about who has the biggest trucks. Well as you know a lifted 4 door F350 diesel lifted 12 inches would rarely see dirt let along go in between trees and tight spots like our jeeps can. Nor will those same guys go up a steep hill and on back untraveled roads just to go fishing in a secluded spot. Well thats pretty much Central oregon.
I just went on a road that had not been traveled on since oh about last summer or so. There is not a ton of technical stuff here in bend but lots of places to go camping and fishing and exploring.
in 5 mins your totally secluded. I was just starting to get the bug again when i had an accident in the jeep this saturday. My ball joint broke and i ended up getting my jeep towed back to my house.
well im still working on it and will be for a few more weeks. But After that im free to do what ever so when i am up and going again i would be happy to show you around.

I didn't see you signed up for Pastafari this year... maybe you can make Pastafari 2012.

RL rear bumper, ARB front bumper, Mile Marker winch, Power Tank, Skids by Mopar & Skid Row, RL Super Skink Sliders, 235/85R16 MTR, Air Flow Snorkel, DTT, 4.10 gears, Frankenlift II, Katskin leather, JL Audio stereo, Rosen video.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:20 pm 
LOST Member

No comment!

Last edited by Ryn7 on Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:49 am 
LOST Newbie

I don't think there are ANY lifted KJ's down in the Portland area. I'm still trying to figure out what lift best fits my needs/budget. Even though I'm not lifted, I wheel it.

:5SHOTS:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:51 pm 
LOST Member

Now I get to start from scratch again, had to replace the kj. I still wanna make it to tsf so I'll figure something out. I guess more overtime means faster mods.

2006 Jeep Commander, 4.7L (stock for now)
Homemade Roof Rack or Thule Atlantis 2100

Comming Soon: 2.25RR", 265/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs, wheel spacers, 6000k HID's.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3314060