All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Saturday the 14th. Walker Valley OHV area
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:02 pm 

Anyone wanna join? Meet up at 10.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 4:46 pm 
Temporarily Banned

Dang man i really want to meet up and wheel, but it is v-day and my old lady and me are heading to the mountain for snow boarding. Looks like an interesting enough place though.

I am getting my muffler, lift and possibly tires on next weekend but then i should be open to drive anywhere to meet up and wheel. 8)

Have fun dude and keep the shinny side up. :lol:

D30a FRONT ,Chrysler 8.25 OEM Dana Trac Lock Posi, 29 spline REAR, 3.73 gears

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:43 pm 

Looks like it may be Reiter instead.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:46 pm 

Back-n-Black wrote:
Dang man i really want to meet up and wheel, but it is v-day and my old lady and me are heading to the mountain for snow boarding. Looks like an interesting enough place though.

I am getting my muffler, lift and possibly tires on next weekend but then i should be open to drive anywhere to meet up and wheel. 8)

What set up did you end up going with?

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:53 pm 
Temporarily Banned

daspes wrote:
Back-n-Black wrote:

What set up did you end up going with?

Going to go with Daystar 2.5", 3 ring per side clevis, and 3 isolators per side rear. More than likely using some cheap napa shocks for the rear for now then Ranchos later.

All the times i have went out wheeling i have had one problem and one problem only........ground clearance. This thing will climb hills like nothing, very sure footed even in mud (stock tires no less) but every time ground clearance is what ends up limiting what and where i can go. This should address the ground clearance problems for now and let me run even taller tires to get more clearance.

Ohh and the stock tires do not like snow......at all. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:05 pm 

I had problems with the stock tires I dry pavement. :lol:

Daystar is a good BB. For the rear shocks you won't find any for a lifted liberty besides one. You have to st ones for a Durango 4wd. Same valving, just 2 inches longer.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:37 pm 
Temporarily Banned

daspes wrote:

Daystar is a good BB. For the rear shocks you won't find any for a lifted liberty besides one. You have to st ones for a Durango 4wd. Same valving, just 2 inches longer.

Yep those are the ones i am getting the 2003 Durango 4x4 shocks. I think i am going to try a set of those Treadwright tires that has been talked about on the forums lately.
These https://treadwright.com/Tires-245_75R16_M_T-P42.aspx and see how they are. As i am sure you can tell by now cheap is the name of the game. I spent far to much on my last car and watched it's value crash and lost a lot of money on the deal. No more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:59 pm 

Back-n-Black wrote:
daspes wrote:

Yep those are the ones i am getting the 2003 Durango 4x4 shocks. I think i am going to try a set of those Treadwright tires that has been talked about on the forums lately.
These https://treadwright.com/Tires-245_75R16_M_T-P42.aspx and see how they are. As i am sure you can tell by now cheap is the name of the game. I spent far to much on my last car and watched it's value crash and lost a lot of money on the deal. No more.

Bah, go big! J/K Seriously I would consider the 265/70's. The extra half inch in clearance really is worth it IMO. With 265/75's you get a little rubbing at full stuff, with the 265/70's you should be fine with minor trimming.

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:00 pm 
Temporarily Banned

daspes wrote:
Back-n-Black wrote:
daspes wrote:

Bah, go big! J/K Seriously I would consider the 265/70's. The extra half inch in clearance really is worth it IMO. With 265/75's you get a little rubbing at full stuff, with the 265/70's you should be fine with minor trimming.

I would but i do not want to lose that much MPG. :lol: And i am more of a tall skinny tire believer than wide tire believer. I would really like a 235/85 for the stock 16", but i think they may be a little taller. Ya they are lik 30.5 compaired to 30.7 diameter. :lol:

I think i may go with the 235-85's if i have the room. Gonna do some measuring once the lift is done and settled a little. Gonna drive it around lifted with small tires for a while though.

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:33 pm 

Back-n-Black wrote:

I think i may go with the 235-85's if i have the room. Gonna do some measuring once the lift is done and settled a little. Gonna drive it around lifted with small tires for a while though.

8)

Ahh, the classic Roller Skate look! A winner! :lol: Things still look like they are on for the lift and all this week?

Jeep Tech Files

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:31 pm 
Temporarily Banned

daspes wrote:
Back-n-Black wrote:

8)

Ahh, the classic Roller Skate look! A winner! :lol: Things still look like they are on for the lift and all this week?

Might have to be next weekend instead of this weekend, but either way yep still on. Gonna have a big pile of parts for them to install. Muffler, lift, tranny skid and maybe a little something else, depends on what i decide in the next couple days.