It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROLL CALL
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:25 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey, Im new to the forums and just wanted to find out just who all is out there in the Pac. North West. Im curently in Afghanistan but stationed at Fort Lewis, Washington. Spend most of my time hitting the trails to my favorite fishing spots but I frequent Elbe when ever I get the itch to tear some thing up. Look forward to hearing from you all and would like to get a trail ride together or something when I get back. I have a frend with and KJ that is sporting a similar build to mine that I usualy wheel with.

Current Build: 2.5" Daystar, 31X10.5 TruXus M/Ts on Rockcrawler 15X8s, Rocklizard SuperSkink Sliders, Rocklizard Gecko Basket Rack, ARB Bull Bar Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8 Winch W/Synthetic Line, K&N Cold Air Intake, Yellow Top Optima's, Viar On Board Air Setup, Cobra CB, Cobra 1000w Power Inverter, Pioneer In Dash DVD W/Nav.

Post subject: Re: ROLL CALL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:48 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Im here. I live in Issaquah. I havent done much with my truck for offroad work yet, but I plan on it. Mostly engine performance stuff.

Where's you mount that second battery?

Tom

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:30 pm 
LOST Newbie

Just brought my Libby up from Slc Ut, to replace wifes car that was a victim of a parking lot hit and run. I just starting to install the lift and tires when this happened. She is not up to the idea of a lift or larger tires. I had just mounted the 265/75/16 on a set of Moabs off my tj. With valentines day on Sunday and diamond earings I hope to resolve this problem. Until than it's just a mall crawler. I still have my tj and my cj5 so I can't be to greedy. I commute between Utah and washington on weekends.

07 liberty in Washington
06 tj in Utah
80 cj5 in Arizona

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 7:42 am 
LOST Newbie

Right now the battery is mounted sideways in the space on the right side of the engine that was freed up with the K&N minus the guard that came with it to protect the filter element. Fabed up some metal brackets to hold it in place. Dont realy like it to be honest. I plan on just taking it out and Just going with a HO alternator, to reduce on wait in the front end.

Current Build: 2.5" Daystar, 31X10.5 TruXus M/Ts on Rockcrawler 15X8s, Rocklizard SuperSkink Sliders, Rocklizard Gecko Basket Rack, ARB Bull Bar Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8 Winch W/Synthetic Line, K&N Cold Air Intake, Yellow Top Optima's, Viar On Board Air Setup, Cobra CB, Cobra 1000w Power Inverter, Pioneer In Dash DVD W/Nav.

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:44 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I live in Olympia, used to live in Edmonds, moved all over the state before I joined the Army and ended up at Lewis. Might move to OR after I get out for something new (kind of new...)

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 am 
LOST Newbie

I am also in WA... in Seattle to be exact. I JUST bought my 07 KJ and am wanting to get some upgrades on it... soon hopefully. Just doing to light weight off roading for now. I'd like to meet some folks from here... perhaps we could do a get together some time even though bbq season will be over soon. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 9:57 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It would be fun! Sadly most NW members don't check this section, might have to hunt and search and PM people?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

RRO: Adventure Rack/Rails ** MOPAR: Skids/Renny Flares & 255/75r17 (32.1) BFG M/T on JK wheels ** ARB: Bumper/IPF lights/790/948/shocks ** GDE: TCM/Hot Tune ** ROCKLIZARD: Super Sliders/Komodo Bumper

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 8:32 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yeah it would seem that way... we need to get some excitement going on in here...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:05 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I know of some trails in Belfair area, over in Bonney Lake, and here on Post, but I am sure there are more. It's rain season now.. MUD

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well the lift is being shipped either mon or tues and the other lower ball joint should as well (they screwed up and only sent me one). JBA UCAs will be here tomorrow according to tracking number... I'm looking to get the lift installed in the next couple of weeks. Don't know when I can get new tires... the stock ones suck off road in the slippery for sure. Shouldn't be too long before new tires get put on the moabs.

Any experience installing a lift? Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:52 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I haven't done a lift on the liberty, I have done one on a GC and my old Ford, both straight axles, but I have done struts on IFS before so I am sure it isn't beyond a weekend mechanic... Just need to figure out the strut compressor... maybe a NAPA machine shop?

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:34 am 
LOST Newbie

arengant wrote:
I haven't done a lift on the liberty, I have done one on a GC and my old Ford, both straight axles, but I have done struts on IFS before so I am sure it isn't beyond a weekend mechanic... Just need to figure out the strut compressor... maybe a NAPA machine shop?

Well don't need to worry about the spring compressor now because it's a frankenlift so the struts are already assembled. May need to figure that out in the future. I may put on heavier springs when :rockon: the bumper and armor on the bottom arrives. JBA A-arms just arrived today!... Frankenlift should ship out soon!
:rockon:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ah, yes, I wasn't going to pay the extra for Franken, ARB is in seattle so you can pick up springs there no shipping, and shocks can be found way cheap online... But I am poor so you know :) With the JBA arms you'll need a grinder or something to square enlarge the opening in the "frame." Down here on Ft Lewis we have a shop so it'd be way easy with a lift of course.

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:39 pm 
LOST Newbie

arengant wrote:
Ah, yes, I wasn't going to pay the extra for Franken, ARB is in seattle so you can pick up springs there no shipping, and shocks can be found way cheap online... But I am poor so you know :) With the JBA arms you'll need a grinder or something to square enlarge the opening in the "frame." Down here on Ft Lewis we have a shop so it'd be way easy with a lift of course.

Wow... didn't know ARB was in Renton... feel retarded for not finding that out... regardless... just saved a bunch on shipping for other things down the line now. Thanks for the tip.

When you say grind the opening in the "frame" your talking about the opening in the unibody where the attachment points for the UCAs are located in order to give the arms more range of motion, right?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:39 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

prionic1 wrote:
When you say grind the opening in the "frame" your talking about the opening in the unibody where the attachment points for the UCAs are located in order to give the arms more range of motion, right?

Yep! That's what I was thinking.

I called LesScwab, they charge 120 to install, then like 50 for an allignment. But with the UCA they might not do it all....

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:56 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well talking to guys on here a bit and reading a LOT on this forum and others, I think I can totally do this. Just might hurt my brain and patience a bit, but that builds character, right?

Should be happening in the next few weeks, just gotta get some stuff together to get some tires.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 2:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Good, for sure post pictures once you are done! I am piecing my lift together, but have to finish adding leather interior for the wifey first. I plan on opening the exhaust this week, then finishing the interior and skid plates next weekend, and probably get to my lift In December. Good luck!

05 CRD Sport Dark Kahki

My Build Thread
US Army Infantry

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

I live in Woodinville, and yes, this section is WAY down there so a bit hard to spot :P