It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ~~Surveyors Lake Info HELP~~
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:45 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ladies, Gentlemen, fellow Jeepsters,

I need some help tracking information on a lake. I have been up this way during the winter, obviously it’s a little snowy and could not make it all the way in. I am planning on going up to Surveyors Lake during the summer. Moreover, towing an adventure camper trailer behind me! It looks totally feasible, and it’s a National Forest Road.

I am posting this here because I want to know if anyone has been out here, the Denny Creek, Hyak, Gold Creek areas are quite often visited by other jeepers. I have included a link to the map.

http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=lacey+wa&daddr=Surveyors+Lake,+Snoqualmie+National+Forest,+Washington+98045&hl=en&ll=47.394892,-121.419396&spn=0.020016,0.038409&sll=47.395386,-121.424417&sspn=0.020016,0.038409&geocode=FZevzQId6N2t-Cl1tQI-XAuRVDEOu9Ua9rXVFA%3BFVs20wIdBhbD-CnH4dlPSXiaVDHd87SdJWEvZA&t=p&gl=us&mra=mru&z=15

The best part about the lake is that it’s only a little over 1hr 40min drive (give or take some terrain considerations). I don’t think I will be able to have a “test run” maybe someone could check it out. The biggest unknown is if the Gate will be closed (it’s been my experience that there is always a go around =D!!!

This weekend in the summer will be a big deal; it’s a break from the wedding planning; away from all civilization with some creature comforts. The MRS needs a break, and this looks like the right place to do it!

Let me know; pass it around in other forums. I am curious. Maybe some of you could do a pre-run and check it out?

Thanks,
ArmyKJ

60 days and counting till I am out of this dust bowl!!!!

2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club
JBA 2.5in Lift, ARB Bumper, 245/75R16 BFG TA/KO2, Black Rock Rims. More to come...

Post subject: Re: ~~Surveyors Lake Info HELP~~
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:49 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can do a test run for you. I've been up in that area before, but never on that specific trail. I'll let you know

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

cgass wrote:
I can do a test run for you. I've been up in that area before, but never on that specific trail. I'll let you know

Sweet thanks,
If you could take lots of pictures with access points and a little write up that would be AWESOME.

I too have been up that way, but think I may have taken a different route. I remember a trail run with some of my other jeep buddies from PNW during November, we could only make it so far due to snow up to our knees and mid thigh (I am 6’2”) so had to turn around.

This is what I will be hauling up to the lake, I wish I could find one but luckily I get to rent one to see how it performs!

16’ FLEETWOOD E1
http://www.jblmmwr.com/other_pages/adv/equipment_pop_up.html

Thanks!
ArmyKJ

2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club
JBA 2.5in Lift, ARB Bumper, 245/75R16 BFG TA/KO2, Black Rock Rims. More to come...

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:41 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Trailer looks sweet. I could probably live in that :CAMPING: I'm going to turn this into a snowshoe, so I'll get as far as I can in the Jeep and walk the rest. I track all my hikes with GPS and geo tag any pics I take. I'll post the data after. I'm shooting for next Friday.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:51 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

No wories! Thanks

The trailier is nice! I have seen it a couple of times before (just wished i jumped on it)

The area is beautifull! I love going up there every year!

2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 7:15 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Didn't forget about you. Going up this Friday. Last time I tried they had a police stand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:13 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

cgass wrote:
Didn't forget about you. Going up this Friday. Last time I tried they had a police stand off

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Really? Got a news story for that? What the heck happened?

2006 Jeep Liberty
150K Club