It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ] 

want to post up for FS rides
yes . where, when, how 100%  100%  [ 4 ]
no ,dont care 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 4
 Post subject: winter FS run
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 12:58 pm 
LOST Member

Weather is getting good for a FS ride it will be ither foggy or snow in a couple weeks . does anyone want to go for a ride. 2wd and 4wd will work on these roads, 4wd if its a more than 4" of snow in the mountains. in another jeep club they watch and monitor the conditions and post up.
should I keep us informed we had 15 jeeps the first time last year and 21 the second . we can join them or do it ourself.

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:05 pm 
LOST Newbie

I'm ready. I was looking at some trails thru Pigeon Mtn over by Lafayette. There's supposed to be some caves and springs over that way. There's also good FS roads above Amicolola. Some FS roads will be closing soon for the winter. Maybe the former RockLobster will join us in his new Wrangler. -JB

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:17 am 
LOST Member

What does FS stand for?

OME Lift, 245/75/16 General Grabbers AT2, ProComp Extreme Alloys 7189
Mopar Tow Hooks

Post subject: FS answer
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 11:12 pm 
LOST Newbie

FS stands for Forest Service
as in Forest Service Road. They are the typical trails that most people ride on because they are mapped and they are wide enough to take a vehicle on. Sometimes they are just gravel, other times they are impassable. Well at least for non Jeep owners.

Rocky Road Rockrails w/detachable chrome nerf bar cover ups
SkidRow Trans Armor
BFG All-Terain KO's 22575R16
Manik Chrome Grill w/ custom tow hook Mods
IPF Flood lights
Chrome grill
Rear D ring hitch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:53 pm 
LOST Addict

I'm ready. Just holler when. A buddy of mine with a '93 XJ that we are working on would be game too. :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 3:52 am 
LOST Member

Stock libby ok? im only here until december 16th. Wont be back until mid january. If you have anything before the december 16 date let me know if i can tag along.

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:18 pm 
LOST Newbie

How 'bout Sat 15 Dec above Amicolola Falls. Supposed to be cold and rainy sounds perfect.
Rock Lobster - bring your wife's Rubi and let's christen that thing!

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:17 am 
LOST Addict

15th is too soon for me (helping the XJ buddy with his lift this weekend). I need about a weeks notice to schedule. :(

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:13 am 
LOST Member

Ben trying to get the wife to go on the 15 . that would be fun
just got back from River rock in Milledgeville and watched most of the day
to much hard core stuff. I'm ready to ride. Will be at Coal Creek on Jan 5 in Knoxville TN. just got my finder flares on the LJ

Image Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:15 pm 
LOST Newbie

Colbalt- I think I asked you this at Jeep Jam but did you do your own install of the front clevis washers and the rear spring isolators? I know what and why but not really sure how or where.

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:30 pm 
LOST Addict

jbzhow wrote:
Colbalt- I think I asked you this at Jeep Jam but did you do your own install of the front clevis washers and the rear spring isolators? I know what and why but not really sure how or where.

Yes to both questions. :)

The 3 x 2" locking conduit nuts go between the bottom of the Rusty's/OME Front Strut assembly and the clevis bracket -- they were put on at the same time as the lift. They require the loosing of the lower ball joint nut, the removal of the upper ball joint nut (and knocking loose of the ball joint), and the disconnecting of the sway bar link, just like doing the lift itself.

There is a good write-up here:
http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=168

There is A LOT less space to reconnect the "strut clamp" (aka clevis) once the conduit nuts are on but it will fit with some elbow grease. :wink:

The extra rear spring isolators are actually easier to put on if you do it right (which I did not do!!!) DISCONNECT THE REAR SWAY BAR!!! I did not do this and we had to use a spring compressor to get the longer lift springs to fit because the end would not articulate enough to fit the new springs and the 3 isolators... :roll:

Does that help any? :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:59 am 
LOST Newbie

Thanks for the run down. I understand in principle how to do it but am just a little hesitant to try it myself. Maybe one day I'll grow a pair and tackle this project. Thanks again!

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:55 pm 
LOST Addict

So, did anybody run last Sat? How was it? Where did you go?

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 6:01 pm 
LOST Newbie

Stayed home and watched the Falcons crumble. I may go toward the mtns on the 30th if anybody wants to ride up thru Nimblewell toward Rich Mtn.

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 pm 
LOST Addict

jbzhow wrote:
Stayed home and watched the Falcons crumble. I may go toward the mtns on the 30th if anybody wants to ride up thru Nimblewell toward Rich Mtn.

May take you up on that. :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:06 am 
LOST Addict

Anybody interested in sliding around on Sunday? :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

We're packing now to head up to Fannin Co for New Years. If the wife can stand it we're going thru Dahlonega to Nimblewell Church Rd and up FS 28 to FS 77 to FS 53.
My FS map shows all those roads to be gravel wich may be a good thing with all the rain. I almost got stuck yesterday in a DeKalb park in some soft mud trying to get up a small hill. Not built for muddin'.
Leaving Atlanta around noon-thirty today.

Balls Big As Grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:07 pm 
LOST Addict

jbzhow wrote:
We're packing now to head up to Fannin Co for New Years. If the wife can stand it we're going thru Dahlonega to Nimblewell Church Rd and up FS 28 to FS 77 to FS 53.
My FS map shows all those roads to be gravel wich may be a good thing with all the rain. I almost got stuck yesterday in a DeKalb park in some soft mud trying to get up a small hill. Not built for muddin'.
Leaving Atlanta around noon-thirty today.

Interesting, I was actually up NW of Dahlonega with a friend yesterday scouting out the best way to get to Springer Mountain from ATL to plan for some group hiking come spring. I saw lots and lots of year round open FS roads in Fanin, Lumpkin and the surrounding counties. I was on the one (FS42) to Springer Mountain for about 6 miles and saw tons of tributary numbered FS roads coming off of it...

Where did you get your FS map?

I need to find county-specific road maps for North Georgia since the State-level Georgia maps do NOT show anything like all of the SR that cross the Chattahoochee National Forest. That was obvious yesterday when we were up there...

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 2:35 pm 
LOST Member

ill be back in GA on 11th of january so if you guys are planning a run that i can take a stock libby on let me know. for now just enjoying some snow in PA

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 19 posts ]