It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Moving to Savannah
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 4:56 pm 
Home, For Now...
Home, For Now...

I just came down on orders taking me to Hunter AAF in Savannah. I should be arriving sometime around mid- to late-May. Any suggestions for housing and/or Jeepin' would be helpful.

'08 105th Anniversary H-D Dyna Low Rider
OH-58D Kiowa Warrior

Post subject: Re: Moving to Savannah
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 10:45 pm 
LOST Addict

KW AV8R wrote:
I just came down on orders taking me to Hunter AAF in Savannah. I should be arriving sometime around mid- to late-May. Any suggestions for housing and/or Jeepin' would be helpful.

Savannah is one of my favorite places in GA. If you are looking for a laid back place to live that is not too far (but not too close to town) try Tybee Island. Back in the day, you could rent a bungalow on the grounds of what used to be Fort Screven for a week, walk to the beach, cook on the front porch, take your other meals at the Crab Shack (the BEST Low Country Boil around), and drive into town to go drinking... If you got too sloppy to drive back, you could always sleep it off on a bench in one of the squares... :lol: All for dirt cheap,... Now, who knows...

As for wheelin' on the coast, I do not believe there are any beaches on the GA coast that permit 4WD vehicles, but I could be wrong. Your best bet for local clubs will be to just ask around when you get there...

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:24 am 
LOST Member

im heading down to savannah this weekend since we canceled the wheeling trip...anything you want to suggest i do or see while down there cobolt?

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:54 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
im heading down to savannah this weekend since we canceled the wheeling trip...anything you want to suggest i do or see while down there cobolt?

Yes.

1) Make the drive out to Tybee Island to have dinner at The Crab Shack (either the crabs or the Lo Country Boil are best). Go early enough that you can stop on the way and see Fort Pulaski.

2) Stop by the Savannah Candy Kitchen on River St. and make sure to pick yourself up some of their pralines!!!! The best in the state IMHO!!! :wink:

3) Walk the Squares, read the historical signs and take a boxed lunch and eat in in one of them or sitting on a bench in Forsyth Park.

4) Stay away from the bars and restaurants on River and Broad Streets as they are too expensive and crowded. Go over to Broughton St. Some of the small bars/clubs over on Congress St. are nice to hear local bands

5) Take in at least one of the walking tours -- they can be kind of cheesy, but you do learn a lot. There are also excursion tours of the low country plantations that are good but if you are just going for the weekend, that may be a little much...

6) If you have the significant other with you, let them go shopping in the City Market.

7) Most of all, park the Jeep and WALK... Savannah is not a city to be driving around in...

Have fun!!! :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:15 am 
LOST Member

Thanks man, seems like an awesome place. The significant other is coming ans i actually booked a night at a B&B in tybee island so this should be fun.

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 10:33 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
Thanks man, seems like an awesome place. The significant other is coming ans i actually booked a night at a B&B in tybee island so this should be fun.

Sounds great!!! Have a good time!!! :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4