It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:02 pm 
LOST Newbie

I would like to host a meet in Albany. We have a large area on the Flint river to trail ride.

Post subject: When is your next group ride.
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 3:19 pm 
LOST Newbie

rob103180 wrote:
I would like to host a meet in Albany. We have a large area on the Flint river to trail ride.

I'm in north Florida. Fulltimer and I might be able to make the next ride at this Flint River run.

Tow Package
Front tow hooks
Daystar 2 Lift
265/60 18 Nito Terra Grapplers
1/2 inch Wheel Spacers
Factory Skid Plates and a 20 foot tow rope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:25 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

It kind of depends on when. I have to go to Ohio sometime soon to pick up my camper. I just don't know when. Mud + Dirt + Hill = :twisted:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 4:53 pm 
LOST Addict

Fulltimer wrote:
It kind of depends on when. I have to go to Ohio sometime soon to pick up my camper. I just don't know when. Mud + Dirt + Hill = :twisted:

Terry

Hey Terry, it always amazes me that the GA board (which has so little traffic anyway) has as much from folks in N.FL as it does from GA. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that N.FL (and the Panhandle) should probably be part of GA and AL rather than the rest of FL. :wink: :lol:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:37 pm 
LOST Member

im going to jersey that wednesday so anytime before then im game

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:38 pm 
LOST Member

ohh yeah the blue bunny should come since he missed the last one

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 10:58 pm 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
ohh yeah the blue bunny should come since he missed the last one

Sure, I can probably spare a weekend sometime in June. Still want to take JB up on his offer to do Beasley Knob before I head to Athens in July since I have never done it. And of course EVERYONE needs to be at the 2009 LOST East Coast Safari in October at Windrock. :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:04 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Myself, I think GA should be by itself where it is. AL and LA should be part of Florida! Alabama, just because....Louisiana because I want their food! :lol:

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 11:13 pm 
LOST Addict

Fulltimer wrote:
Myself, I think GA should be by itself where it is. AL and LA should be part of Florida! Alabama, just because....Louisiana because I want their food! :lol:

Oh, "LA" as in Louisiana and not "Lower Alabama"!!!! :lol: But I gotta agree with you on the food!!! Eye Gar-on-tee!!!! :wink:

Yeah, I spent a decade on the Gulf Coast over three years (well, sort of,.... Tallahassee) and the thing I miss the most is the fresh Gulf seafood.

Now your neck of the woods (near St. Augustine), there I like!!!!

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:17 am 
LOST Member

i think you guys are both nuts for liking this weather. i want to see some snow already.

hopefully my lift will be in by june. its been mailed out and i check the tracking every 5 minutes :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 6:43 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Saint Augustine has great sea food, BUT...LA has CAJUN FOOD and zidako(sp?) music!

Terry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 7:15 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
i think you guys are both nuts for liking this weather. i want to see some snow already.

Not me. I grew up in NY and OH and spent my summers in the Western NC Mtns. I came South to get away from the cold. 4 years in Charlotte, 3 in Tallahassee and the past 16 in Atlanta. I found the Gulf Coast not to my liking with only two seasons -- Hot & Humid and Not so Hot & Humid, so that is how I went "half-back" to Atlanta.

ChiroKJ wrote:
hopefully my lift will be in by june. its been mailed out and i check the tracking every 5 minutes :twisted:
:lol:

Sooner it gets in, the sooner we can install it!!! :wink:

Fulltimer wrote:
Saint Augustine has great sea food, BUT...LA has CAJUN FOOD and zidako(sp?) music!

Not gonna get any argument from me on any of that!!!!! The best shrimp I ever had was on a trip to St. Augustine and I can eat me some good étouffée...!!! :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:37 am 
LOST Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
Sooner it gets in, the sooner we can install it!!! :wink:

I might take you up on this :lol:

but it shouldnt be hard since the front comes preassembled

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 10:48 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
I might take you up on this :lol:

but it shouldnt be hard since the front comes preassembled

You say that, but just try to bolt the strut towers in from the top without somebody holding it in place from beneath, or reconnect the upper ball joint (or sway bar) without a second set of hands!!! :wink:

Much easier (and more fun) with company!!!! :lol:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:13 pm 
LOST Member

ill let you know when it comes in. it left california yesterday and its on a ups truck somewhere...so any words of wisdom since you have the same lift? did you install it yourself? how long did it take? any special tools required besides the angle drill which i do not have?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:45 pm 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
ill let you know when it comes in. it left california yesterday and its on a ups truck somewhere...so any words of wisdom since you have the same lift? did you install it yourself? how long did it take? any special tools required besides the angle drill which i do not have?

Don't have the exact one -- I had a modified Rusty's Coil Lift (Rusty's Coils but OME Struts and Shocks) that I turned into an OME HD lift by replacing the springs.

Yes, my buddy Bill and I have done all of our work -- Lift, skids, rockrails, receiver hitches, etc.

You will need a metric socket set (need to have a deep socket 19mm and 21mm [I think] and a universal connector too), some long socket extensions to get out the battery tray, a torque wrench that goes up to at least 110 ft-lbs (I think), a flat head screwdriver for the airbox, as well as the obvious floor jack and jack stands. You need a BFH to knock the upper ball joint loose. Rachet straps help when reconnecting the sway bar. You are buying a Frankenlift so you don't need the strut compressors (have those too -- a PIA let me tell you!!!).

Can't tell you how long it will take given that you already have the struts together. I would say with two people (and not needing to run to the store for a missing tool or part LOL) it should not take more than 4 hours.

Two clarifications from all the instructions -- 1) You don't need to disconnect the lower ball joint in the front and 2) removing the rear sway-bar makes the back much easier (in fact mine has been off for almost a year now!!!!).

Also while you are under there, take off the.... hhhmmmm... "Vibrational Mass Damprer" (AKA Donkey Balls!!!!) :lol: They are 30 lbs of useless weight... :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 1:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

rob103180 wrote:

I'm in Tally ... I'll be down for a ride in Albany!