It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jeep Jamboree in Murphy, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Anybody going to Jeep Jamboree at Murphy NC Oct. 8, 9, 10?

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

Post subject: Re: Jeep Jamboree in Murphy, NC
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:14 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
Anybody going to Jeep Jamboree at Murphy NC Oct. 8, 9, 10?

Nope, they have decontended it from a 6-9 difficulty event to a 1-5 difficulty event because the Tellico OHV has been closed by the U.S. Forest Service.

Also that is the same weekend as the 2009 LOST East Coast Safari (ECS) at Windrock, TN:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=40950

Why don't you skip the Jamboree and come with us? :wink:

Also, welcome to GA LOST!!!!

I will be moving to Athens this summer to start my doctorate at UGA. Hope to see you there!!! :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:28 pm 
LOST Addict

And join us in Albany the 22nd-23rd of this month if you can:

http://www.lostjeeps.com/forum/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=43424

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:06 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

the 22 - 23 may be do-able, but have obligated to Murphy already. besides, I'm still a newbie and Libby is not rigged for more than a 5 (I don't think). did "intermediate trail" at camp jeep in VA with no prob. and looking for more. next mod. may be lift...if funds allow. really excited about finding folks close that off-road. hope to see ya'll soon.

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:22 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
the 22 - 23 may be do-able, but have obligated to Murphy already. besides, I'm still a newbie and Libby is not rigged for more than a 5 (I don't think). did "intermediate trail" at camp jeep in VA with no prob. and looking for more. next mod. may be lift...if funds allow. really excited about finding folks close that off-road. hope to see ya'll soon.

Well, join us the end of the month if you can, if not, I'm sure we will meet once I get to Athens in August. :)

I did Tellico as part of the Jeep Jamboree in Oct '07 (when it was rated a 6-9) w/ a Rusty's Lift (+3/8" Clevis & +2 Iso), Tow Hooks, Rock Rails, Full Skids, Rear Hitch, and 245/70 Destination A/Ts, and barely made it through what was supposed to be the #6 (Jeep 101) "Pink Group" there, with a chunk of damage (I think we were really doing some #7 trails because in '08 the event there was rated 7-9 apparently.)

I will definitely be going to the LOST ECS. Maybe you can join us for that next year (when it may not be at Windrock, TN, but maybe some place like Harlan, KY).

Either way, see you soon!!! :D

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:18 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks, Cobalt. I'm looking forward to some local trails. See you around.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:28 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
Thanks, Cobalt. I'm looking forward to some local trails. See you around.

Gonna come join us on Monday in Albany... ::hint, hint:: :wink: :lol:

Also, I'll be in Athens tomorrow (not driving the KJ) looking for a place. PM me in the morning if you want my number and maybe we can meet for lunch...

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4