It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: GA LOST M&G/Work Day in Sept????
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:38 pm 
LOST Addict

To follow in the footsteps of our other active LOST chapter friends. I would like to suggest a Meet & Greet (M&G) and Jeep Project Work Day for some Saturday in September.

If I was still based out of Clarkston, I would be more than happy to volunteer my place there, as it had a two car garage and a HUGE driveway (could hold 4 vehicles) to work in!!! Unfortunately, since I turned it into a rental, I am not sure the Management Company would go for that... :twisted:

Unfortunately the rental house that I am in now in Athens has no garage and has a slopped driveway going onto a slopped street. Not particularly conducive to working on Jeeps!!!! :lol:

So, I am looking for different folks to volunteer time and space a few times a year for us to get together and share stories, technical know-how, as well as sweat, grease and some busted knuckles together. :wink:

Any volunteers for September?

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:22 pm 
LOST Member

you know im always game. all the space in the world at my apartment complex as long as it doesn't rain

2002 Liberty Sport ---> SOLD :(

For Sale: Skid Row transmission skid plate and rear headrests

ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE IS NOT EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:41 pm 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
you know im always game. all the space in the world at my apartment complex as long as it doesn't rain

LOL Well, there is that... :wink:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:29 am 
LOST Member

and with that we conclude our m & g discussion. I have a feeling its only gonna be you and I...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:31 am 
LOST Addict

ChiroKJ wrote:
and with that we conclude our m & g discussion. I have a feeling its only gonna be you and I...haha

You get that feeling too, huh? :lol:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: Late comers
PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2009 7:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Looks like I saw this post a little too late :cry:. Oh well maybe next time. I know there are two CRDs out here in Augusta. BTW looking at trying to go to Durham Town plantation on OCT 17th. I know I missed ECS, but it looks like a couple of dudes from a local club here are going I will likely tag along (it is not a club sanctioned ride, just a ride). Anyway the cost is 20 bucks, this includes the jeep and driver passengers are an additional 5 dollars each. I hope the weather holds, last time it was a mud hole... I hate mud, but I will take what I can get.

TJM Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000
Suncoast TC, Boiler Radiator Skid, Boiler Roof Rack

Post subject: Re: Late comers
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:24 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Groo2 wrote:
Looks like I saw this post a little too late :cry:. Oh well maybe next time. I know there are two CRDs out here in Augusta. BTW looking at trying to go to Durham Town plantation on OCT 17th. couple of dudes from a local club here are going. I hope the weather holds, last time it was a mud hole... I hate mud, but I will take what I can get.

Hey, Groo2. Just saw your post. My family is from Augusta and I'm out there a lot. What's the name of the club there? Colin and I have been talking about doing Durhamtown also, but I won't be able to the 17th since I'm riding in the "Jackson E.M.C. Ride for Life" benefit ride for breast cancer then. Based upon the weather report Durhamtown will probably be a mud hole again anyway. However, I'm tempted to forego the ride to meet ya'll at Durhamtown and meet somemore L.O.S.T members. Let me know the details about what time, where you're staying, etc. and maybe we can meet up.
John

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:42 pm 
LOST Addict

jhblackwell wrote:
Hey, Groo2. Just saw your post. My family is from Augusta and I'm out there a lot. What's the name of the club there? Colin and I have been talking about doing Durhamtown also, but I won't be able to the 17th since I'm riding in the "Jackson E.M.C. Ride for Life" benefit ride for breast cancer then. Based upon the weather report Durhamtown will probably be a mud hole again anyway. However, I'm tempted to forego the ride to meet ya'll at Durhamtown and meet somemore L.O.S.T members. Let me know the details about what time, where you're staying, etc. and maybe we can meet up.
John

Lord, I've created a Monster!!!! Betty is gonna kill me!!! :lol:

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: Depature time from Augusta
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:03 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

We are looking at leaving Augusta at 8:30 am so we should get there between 9:30 and 10:00 (I don't know how many folks will be there). Durham town will be a mud bowl, I hate mud, but I have to take what I can get. I wouldn't give up a ride for a cause if you have something already planned. I want to try and do something for Veterans Day weekend, if I get a long weekend. So if things don't work out this time around we could try something else. I would like to give Beasely knob a look that sounds like a good long weekend. Any thoughts?

TJM Front Bumper w/ Warn XD9000
Suncoast TC, Boiler Radiator Skid, Boiler Roof Rack

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:05 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
Lord, I've created a Monster!!!! Betty is gonna kill me!!! :lol:

Don't worry. She's used to me going off on "adventures" and actually likes that it gets me out of the house and out of her hair. :wink:

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:32 am 
LOST Member

i would be on it like white on rice but its the wifey's birthday and that just wont fly...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:24 pm 
LOST Addict

Personally, I am pretty well done with the off-roading I can do until December (I am back in school and the semester is getting ready to get "interesting").

But once school is out (mid-Dec), I am interested in doing some FS Road runs over the Winter (since the USFS OHVs close Jan 3rd, I believe), and maybe Beasley Knob as long as the weather is not like it has been currently (since the minute it rains, they close Beasley).

Till then I am working on repairs and mods where I can.....

I know John wants to scout Durhamtown to maybe do a GA LOST event in the Spring. I will try to make time for this sometime, but if you go, let us know what it is like... :)

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

Post subject: Re: Depature time from Augusta
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:35 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Groo2 wrote:
we should get there between 9:30 and 10:00

I'll try to be there at that time also. I'll pm my phone no. so you can call when you're 30 min. away.

Groo2 wrote:
I would like to give Beasely knob a look that sounds like a good long weekend. Any thoughts?

Colin has mentioned wanting to do Beasely Knob. I've never done it (that I remember). Maybe we can arrange something soon.
John

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:19 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
I know John wants to scout Durhamtown to maybe do a GA LOST event in the Spring. I will try to make time for this sometime, but if you go, let us know what it is like... :)

I'll be meeting some L.O.S.T. folks from Augusta at Durhamtown this Sat. for some muddin'. Do you think you can make it? It won't be all day and we can check the facility out. If not, no problem. I'll let you know what happens.

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:51 am 
LOST Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:

is it spring yet :?:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:07 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

ChiroKJ wrote:
Cobolt-60 wrote:

is it spring yet :?:

I don't think so. :shock:
Below is the thread Groo2 posted for the "mudfest" we had at Durhamtown Plantation last Oct. 18. It was challenging, but not as much fun as bouldering IMHO.
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=47258

Post subject: Re: GA LOST M&G/Work Day in Sept????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:11 am 
LOST Member

looks like you guys had a blast

Post subject: Re: GA LOST M&G/Work Day in Sept????
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:10 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

A good time was had by all. I'm still carrying mud around with me from that trip. gotta love it :BANANA: