It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ****Bad Dealership - Fair Warning****
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:59 pm 
LOST Newbie

Long story short - Took my KK into 5-Star Jeep on Watson Blvd in Warner Robins, GA to get the door moldings replaced under warranty (they were peeling off). They have caused paint damage 3-times in a row, and have had my KK off and on for the last 2-months. Terrible Experience, and I do not suggest anybody take their Jeep (or any chrysler product) to this dealership.

2" Daystar Lift
TJ Moabs w/ 245/75R16 Duratrac's

Post subject: Re: ****Bad Dealership - Fair Warning****
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:21 am 
LOST Addict

RenegadeKC wrote:
Long story short - Took my KK into 5-Star Jeep on Watson Blvd in Warner Robins, GA to get the door moldings replaced under warranty (they were peeling off). They have caused paint damage 3-times in a row, and have had my KK off and on for the last 2-months. Terrible Experience, and I do not suggest anybody take their Jeep (or any chrysler product) to this dealership.

Good to know. Thank you for the review.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:01 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I can empathize. I haven't posted this yet, waiting to see if POS is finally fixed. Took the KJ to Athens Dodge, Chrysler, after ECS '11 at Harlan, KY with a heavy vibration up front and after it coded P2308 AND P0303, insufficient ignition cyl. #3, engine misfire cyl. #3. Back in Nov. it coded P0303 and they pulled the heads, replaced all valves in the left bank (1,3,5) and all 6 keepers. This time they pulled both heads (again) and replaced all valve stem guides. They said the fr. diff. was twisted and replaced the whole front end...diff. and both axles and half shafts...with remanned unit. They kept it for 3 weeks, with no loaner, and it still had a vibration at 50 - 55 that they couldn't figure out. It soon coded P2308 again, within 90 days, so they replaced the computer....didn't work, it coded. Next they replaced the eng. wire harness. When I got it back last week I changed the oil and noticed the filter drip trough was missing, 4 of the new wire harness couplers were not locked, the AC low pressure switch coupler was not hooked up, the right outer CV boot had a small hole and was slinging grease, and the fr. diff, carrier bracket inside bolt was missing the nut and washer..AND STARTING TO BACK OUT! I took it back, raised hell, threatened a law suit, mentioned "CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE" with the missing nut and told them to fix it. They did, for free, and gave me a 24 mo., 24,000 mi. warranty on the engine and drivetrain...and the vibration is gone..GO FIGURE! The mechanic that did all the previous and current work is still there, supposedly one of their best. I pitty the fools...and will never take my Jeep to them again...the warranty is honored anywhere. Excuse the long vent...but I do feel better.
John

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

'04 Harley-Davidson Road King FLHRI Bagger

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:12 am 
LOST Member

Does any Jeep dealership offer loaner cars? From what I can gather, none in my area do.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:56 am 
LOST Addict

Well it appears that getting "good" reviews does not necessarily mean a good Jeep dealership:

http://www.dealerrater.com/directory/Georgia/Jeep/dealers.aspx?state=Georgia&manufacturer=Jeep

5-Star Chrysler Jeep Dodge of Warner Robbins = 5.0 out of 5.0 on 61 reviews

Athens Dodge Chrysler Jeep = 4.7 out of 5.0 on 10 reviews

Stone Mountain Chrysler Jeep Dodge = 3.6 out of 5.0 on 2 reviews (I won't go back there myself as I found they know nothing about lifted vehicles... in fact, they sell "urban-ized" Jeeps that have 20" rims and are lowered!!!)

Though not on the list I also have experience with Premier Jeep of Decatur (since closed as they were horrible!!!) and CarMax Norcross (which is also a Chrysler & Jeep new dealer and where I bought Bunny). I will cut CarMax a little bit of slack since they are not really even supposed to be a 5-star Jeep dealership.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4
Steel IFS/DL&DTT/4.10s/Tow Pkg/Mopar-Rusty's-Skid Row skids&sliders/OME struts&springs/Rancho shocks/Terraflex bumpstops/Landy FRH/Gen Steel/Grabber AT2s/Spidertrax/Rockcrusher/Hella/Smittybilt XRC8/Bulldog wiring/NAPA brakes/JBA UCAs&spacers/Deka Intimidator

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:26 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Akins Ford, Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep in Winder offers a free loaner if you bought your vehicle there and they have to keep it overnight. Otherwise you're on your own. Regardless, I'll never buy another Chrysler product and will never go back to Athens DCJ...I don't trust either. Besides, the 24/24 warranty is good anywhere (that accepts it) and pays up to $60/day for a loaner for up to 6 days. Hopefully in 2 years I'll have a dependable daily driver and won't have to worry about it.
John

'06 4X4 KJ, skid plates, Daystar lift, Wrangler MT/R 245/75/16, Reese hitch, Surco Safari Rack/Hella 500's, Cobra 75 wxst/Wilson 4' Firestick, Optima Red Top, Pilot fog lights, Detours KJ Backbone/Smittybilt XRC8 winch, Spidertrax spacers.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Well, just got the Liberty back, and it's still not fixed. I have filed a comprehensive claim with State Farm. They said they're going to make the Dealership pay for my Deductible, as well as all the repair costs and rental. It would have been cheaper for the Dealership to just fix it right the first time.

I will copy and paste my BBB review when I type it up over the next couple days.

2" Daystar Lift
TJ Moabs w/ 245/75R16 Duratrac's

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:48 pm 
LOST Addict

I would also talk to Chrysler Corporate if I was you (rather than filing a claim with your insurance company) about getting some kind of satisfaction. Dealerships are independently owned, but a responsible to the mother corporation. Last think that Fiat needs right now is a string of bad publicity on the service end from their Chrysler dealers that will potentially effect future sales.

LOST#85291
"Blue Bunny"
04 KJ Sport 3.7L AT 4x4

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:43 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Cobolt-60 wrote:
I would also talk to Chrysler Corporate if I was you (rather than filing a claim with your insurance company) about getting some kind of satisfaction.

X2, hopefully the link below will open. Send them an email AND call and ask to start the claims process. They should assign you a case worker and a case number. It was my experience with Athens DCJ that "the squeaky wheel gets the grease". Colins right, they don't need or want any bad press.

http://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/ ... %2527%2529