It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO SELL HERE. THIS SECTION IS MEANT FOR MEMBERS TO SELL "GARAGE SALE" TYPE ITEMS ON OCCASION, NOT AS A FREQUENT SELLER. VENDOR SELLING IS PROHIBITED. IF A VENDOR POSTS HERE, PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMIN OR FORUM MODERATOR TO HAVE THE VENDOR POST DELETED.

Post subject: 2005 Liberty CRD For Sale 238,000 miles, $3300 firm, Indiana
PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:52 pm 
LOST Newbie

We are selling our 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD.

More photos and higher resolution at: http://www.theartofdiesel.com/2005-jeep-liberty-for-sale-3300/

It's running great, it's just that it's time to get my wife something newer. It has a Green Diesel Engineering Eco tune good for 188 hp, 335 lb-ft, and increased fuel economy. It gets 25 mpg in mixed driving, higher on the highway. It's a spirited driver with lots of torque.

It has been well-maintained with regular oil changes and other maintenance
*Timing belt and water pump every 100,000 miles
*Valve rockers replaced preventatively
*Important, in case your state tests/inspects diesels: EGR and DPF were deleted for engine longevity and easier breathing.
*Sun Coast torque converter (original died, took transmission with it, so I upgraded the converter when installing a professionally rebuilt transmission at around 150,000 miles).
*Rear main seal has just been replaced.
*Ceramic glow plugs replaced with more durable stainless set.
*Zero leaks. I had a bit of seepage from one line, but I hunted it down and replaced a spring clamp.

Issues:
*Fluid drains back to the pan on the transmission. After it sits overnight the transmission needs to build up pressure for a few seconds before it is ready to go. It has done this for a couple hundred thousand miles, using genuine Mopar filter with check valve doesn’t seem to change the behavior. It's not slipping at all in normal usage and the GDE tune gets it into higher gears (it has two overdrive gears) and locked up sooner than stock -- taking better advantage of the diesel's torque.
*Tires are nearing the end of their lives, you'll want a new set by next winter.
*There's a touch of rust at the bottom-inside of both front doors. Treat it now, and you can stop this in its tracks!
*The transmission cooler developed a leak so I've installed an aftermarket cooler. You may want to put in a larger cooler if you tow.

The sound system has been upgraded to a nice Kenwood CD / MP3 / Bluetooth system

Also included:
*Two sets of keys.
*Mopar keyed roof rack cross-members that are fitted to this vehicle.

Clean title in hand.

Firm on price.

PM me, call or text at (765) - three one five - eight thousand one