It is currently Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

YOU MUST BE A MEMBER TO SELL HERE. THIS SECTION IS MEANT FOR MEMBERS TO SELL "GARAGE SALE" TYPE ITEMS ON OCCASION, NOT AS A FREQUENT SELLER. VENDOR SELLING IS PROHIBITED. IF A VENDOR POSTS HERE, PLEASE NOTIFY THE ADMIN OR FORUM MODERATOR TO HAVE THE VENDOR POST DELETED.

Post subject: Original Owner 2005 Liberty Limited CRD for Sale as fixer
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:46 pm 
LOST Newbie

This Jeep is SOLD.

This is a wonderful project for someone younger than this septuagenarian (I'm over 70)

We bought our Libby new at Wilder Auto Center in Port Angeles WA and have loved owning it for 170,300 uneventful miles (mostly going up and down I-5, between Washington and California). It has a clever non-dealer addition that allows the 2.8L diesel to get 30-33 mpg while cruising on the highway. Always garaged, never abused or damaged, and very well maintained, we thought we'd keep our Jeep forever. Then came bad news. Even though the engine was running great, it was losing coolant and pressurizing the coolant tank. Gresham Dodge Jeep's diesel tech thought it had a blown head, as did I. It turned out to be a cracked cylinder head (Verified by Brian, owner of Bearing Services, a great machine shop in Portland).

The cost for dealer labor and a replacement cylinder head to make it whole again was just too much for us; my wife and I decided to have the car towed home with the head and other engine pieces in the back of the Jeep. (Dealers will only buy through their previously approved suppliers. This means they do not buy from IDparts.com or Sasquatch.com, both of which sell brand new heads from VM Motori for a very reasonable price.)

Because we planned to keep the car, we'd just replaced struts, shocks, all four tires and the brakes. Now the Jeep sits at our home in Washougal, WA, waiting for someone to make it whole again. If you're interested, please send a note to bizgary at hotmail dot com. The Jeep just came home from Gresham this afternoon. I'll take photos this weekend and post an ad on the Portland craigslist. We're asking $900.

Please note that we have full documentation for the Jeep's entire life, including every drop of fuel ever put in it. It has never been in an accident and the leather interior is in excellent condition. The car is Stone White and the interior is a combo of dark and light Slate Gray.

Last edited by Alfista on Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Original Owner 2005 Liberty Limited CRD for Sale as fixe
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:13 pm 
LOST Addict

PM sent

05 CRD: H.D.S2 stat,WW Ironrock trilink, Integrated air OX front/rear, 4.10's, ARB bumper, Suncoast,OME 3.5, JBA UCA,rock rails, Moabs&265/75 Duratracs, GDE tunes ,FFD fan,ARP's, 2 micron fuel, new valves,sasquatch battery tray & grid heater, tensioner relocated
Mech fan, VH & AC delete