It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2007 12:18 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Neatus, there may be other alternatives to buying new. I recently dropped off the jeep at the dealership for some service and also dropped off a PCM i bought from a junkyard to swap out. It was far less expensive then buying new, and i couldn't find any reason it wouldn't work; but i'll know for sure in a couple of days. I guess the biggest drawback is that if there was as failure of the used PCM, i probably wouldn't be able to get it replaced under warranty.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 12:00 pm 
LOST Newbie

Out of curiosity, have you even had it on a dyno? Would be worth seeing what you get out of it for gains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:45 pm 
LOST Addict

Actually, we've done many hours of dyno tuning. However, we didn't run it on the dyno while completely stock. We also didn't run it on the dyno after every change at $100 per hour, so I don't know the exact changes made. Also, dyno testing if very subjective. Huge differences in readings from different dynos, drivers, temperatures, etc.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:22 pm 
LOST Newbie

How about a final number after you've done everything you have so far? Yes some dynos are different, but there are mainly only two types. I don't believe a driver plays much of a role on a dyno, since all you basically due is get into the proper gear that's closest to 1:1 ratio and then punch it down, at least that's what I've done in the past with other vehicles, although humidity is a factor as well.

I'm not sure of actual drivetrain loss numbers in the Libertys, but if I had to guess I'd say that a stock KJ automatic should dyno somewhere in the 160whp range, and a manual in the 170whp range.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:15 pm 
LOST Addict

Haven't had it on the dyno with this motor, heads, throttle body, shift kit, and some other intake modifications. I plan to run it on the dyno once we get the headers done, and then after we upgrade the cams to get it tuned right. The most recent dyno numbers, from a few years ago, were done a couple days after replacing the PCM, so it was running extremely rich. With a 35 hp fuel jet, and a 75 hp nitrous jet, it was running a rich afr around 11:1. It still put 251 hp and 301 #ft torque to the ground on a Superflow dyno at around 1100 ft above sea level and temps in the low 90's. On a Dynojet, like the manufacturers use, that translates to around 275 hp and 335 #ft torque. Adjust the numbers so that a stock Libby puts 80% of 210hp to the ground, and you're at 295 rwhp and 360 #ft torque, or about 370 hp and 450 #ft torque at the motor while running an 11:1 afr.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 3:41 pm 
LOST Newbie

FINALLY!! I just got my account activated and have been doing a lot reading and researching. Funny you mention Autocraft that leads me to believe you live in or around PA because I used to work for the Pensauken Autocraft before the company was bought out by uniselect a outfit out of Canada which is why the autocraft direct doesn't work anymore. I now work for a company called South Jersey Auto Supply. Anyway I have a 05 liberty sport with the 3.7 and while I don't plan on doing anything real crazy with this I have a tuners bug and can't keep anything stock no matter what it is. I own a awd talon that I'm trying tomake 650whp with so the jeep is not going to get nitrous or supercharged or anything like that even though I did look into the Kenne Bell kits before seeing they discontinued the kit. So far I have a Jet chip on the way a flow master series muffler going on the same day the chip gets here. One of the ebay dual filter intakes and so far that's it. I know people have talked about the heat where the dual filter kit goes and they are deff right. The aluminum pipe is a conductor for the heat and soaks it up BAD. Still even with that said the jeep is smoother more responsive and gets better mpg go figure. I'm considering extending the one side to where a cold air intake would go see if that makes it a little better.

Anyway two questions for KJ. One I saw the site of the guys that made your hood but they're site is down, how much was the ram air hood? Two the shorty JBA headers get mixed reviews it seems. People are on this site saying shorty hearders will net you less low end than the LTH which is false. LTH are for top end and shorty's are for low and mid range power. that being said do you guys think that the jbs shortys are worth that much for headers for someone looking for good low and mid range but not wanting to get too crazy or risk making fuel ecconmy worse?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:33 pm 
LOST Newbie

the b&g flash...ild like to get this done. does anyone here run theirs with this mod? if so, please tell me how mucg of a difference it made in power,torque , and shifting. $350 is a bit steep, but if it makes a big diff i may get mine flashed.

Post subject: Re: Performance Mods List
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 1:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Bump, anything new? I've been towing a buggy with the KJ and it's gonna need more HP for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:14 pm 
LOST Member

Power wire is a good option IMO.
I have a few for sale:
viewtopic.php?f=35&t=84127
You can Google it for yourself, to see what they do, but basically modifies the intake air temp reading to advance timing.

92 XJ 4.0, AW4, NP242, 31s, 1.75 spacer, ZJ V8 coils, double cherokee leaf pack, 2 inch shackles, dnynomax exhaust, magnaflow cat, front hooks & rear hitch, gas tank skid, front skid, warn t-case skid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:13 pm 
LOST Newbie

slippi84 wrote:
FINALLY!! I just got my account activated and have been doing a lot reading and researching. Funny you mention Autocraft that leads me to believe you live in or around PA because I used to work for the Pensauken Autocraft before the company was bought out by uniselect a outfit out of Canada which is why the autocraft direct doesn't work anymore. I now work for a company called South Jersey Auto Supply. Anyway I have a 05 liberty sport with the 3.7 and while I don't plan on doing anything real crazy with this I have a tuners bug and can't keep anything stock no matter what it is. I own a awd talon that I'm trying tomake 650whp with so the jeep is not going to get nitrous or supercharged or anything like that even though I did look into the Kenne Bell kits before seeing they discontinued the kit. So far I have a Jet chip on the way a flow master series muffler going on the same day the chip gets here. One of the ebay dual filter intakes and so far that's it. I know people have talked about the heat where the dual filter kit goes and they are deff right. The aluminum pipe is a conductor for the heat and soaks it up BAD. Still even with that said the jeep is smoother more responsive and gets better mpg go figure. I'm considering extending the one side to where a cold air intake would go see if that makes it a little better.

Anyway two questions for KJ. One I saw the site of the guys that made your hood but they're site is down, how much was the ram air hood? Two the shorty JBA headers get mixed reviews it seems. People are taking crazy bulk https://legalsteroids.best/crazybulk-reviews/ on this site saying shorty hearders will net you less low end than the LTH which is false. LTH are for top end and shorty's are for low and mid range power. that being said do you guys think that the jbs shortys are worth that much for headers for someone looking for good low and mid range but not wanting to get too crazy or risk making fuel ecconmy worse?

Happy I could help. I've amended a few grammatical errors, and began including joins. In the event that an administrator could sticky this, individuals could post their execution mods and results to this string and I'll return in and add the extra data to the best post as it winds up accessible.