It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CRD Lift Mod or Replacement?
PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:44 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi. I recently purchased an '05 KJ CRD. It has a 3-inch lift which I think is an OME (black & yellow shocks and struts) plus an ARB bumper and a winch. From what I gather ARB/OME sold this as a package with the front springs designed to handle the extra weight of the diesel engine, bumper, and winch. I don't know what the rear spring compression is. I think all of this was installed before 2010.

I want to remove the ARB bumper and winch (approximately 200 lbs total). While the 3-inch lift is really more than I want, I'll keep it if I can find a spring that will maintain the lift height, work the diesel, but without the bumper-winch combo. Today OME sells only a 1.5" lift for the CRD.

If I can't find front springs, chances are I will be looking for a replacement lift kit for a 1-2" lift. It's been 15 years since this Jeep was manufactured. I imagine that are still some really good lift kits out there. If all else fails, I was thinking about purchasing a set of OEM coils designed for the CRD and just using a spacer lift. The KJ isn't going to be used on extreme trails like my old '93 ZJ was.

Any suggestions for springs and/or lifts?

-Linda

'89 Jeep Grand Wagoneer soon to be diesel

Post subject: Re: CRD Lift Mod or Replacement?
PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:38 am 
LOST Newbie

You can also go for aftermarket lift kits. There's a wide selection to choose from on 4wheelonline.