It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:04 pm 
LOST Addict

I went through KRC to get the flash because I had been talking to them about building the engine for a big shot of juice, or about building it for a supercharger. They've been very helpful. They have a good relationship with B&G, and said they could get them to make a flash for the 3.7. If you look on B&G's, or KRC's websites, you'll notice the flash for the 3.7 isn't even listed yet. I don't think anyone but B&G deletes the torque management. I would like to know more about KB's dyno numbers. 235 rwhp and a 16.1 in the quarter? I ran a 15.7 without launching, not hitting the juice until halfway through 2nd, and the engine shutting down when I hit 91 mph and only coasted across the finish line at 78 mph. I would also like to know which headers only made 6 hp. KRC is looking into converting some new 4.7 headers getting ready to come out into a set for me, but so far I've been unable to find anyone in 4 years of looking that makes headers for the 3.7. The M1 is an upgraded manifold for a 5.9 V8. I used 89 octane (93 with N2O) before the B&G flash. It runs fine on 89, but better on 93 with the flash. I've never put 87 in it. I have the tow package with the low temp thermostat that comes with it, and a 3 core aluminum radiator, and never have any heat problems. As far as the dual filter intake, I don't think having 2 filters will increase the vacuum created by the engine. The only way I can think of it making a noticeable difference, is to build it into a true ram air system, and get something like an Apexi to control the fuel better.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:43 pm 
LOST Member

KY LIBERTY, OK, got my call into KRC. Sent an email too. I'll pick their brain some on the flash but I definately want to do this hopefully b/f the winter. I have the tow package in my renny too so I'll see what they say. I know you said you upgraded your radiator for your application. Mine is less so most likely not needed. Checked out APC's converter, not a bad price. Even better once you get the core chrg. back. They have a pretty good write up on them so it sounds good. I can understand why you say to get one. I'll keep you informed but just wanted to say thanks for pointing me in the right direction. Very Cool Bro. JOE

245/75-16 Revos
Full Armor
Powertrax NoSlip
Magnaflow Exhaust
Way more on the Horizon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 9:07 pm 
LOST Addict

I didn't need to upgrade the radiator. I didn't have any cooling problems before upgrading it. The factory one was junk, and sprung an unfixable leak at 4 years. I was running colder NGK ZFR7F-11 plugs gapped at .030 to make sure I didn't get any detonation while using the N2O with the flash. The factory plugs were NGK ZFR6F-11 gapped at .060, which is what are back in the new stock motor.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject: ECU and flashing
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:34 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Could one of you give the address (land or website) for either B&G or KRC. I would like to get my Libby "retuned" especially sine I have the free flow air filter and exhaust. It has seemed to lean out a little with the mods I have done. It does not idle well and when put under load, either a real hot day with A/C on or pulling a trailer the engine fells very under powered. Unlike before the mods.

Thanks!

Al Handy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 7:59 am 
LOST Addict

What are you doing to get extra, cooler air to the intake? I had the same problem with the K&N FIPK until I added the hood. The intake air temperature was just too hot. It didn't run lean though. It ran really rich. You might want to spend a hundred bucks and get an hour of dyno time so you know exactly where your problems are. Then talk to the guys at KRC or B&G.

KRC Performance's site is:

http://www.krcperformance.com

B&G Chrysler's site is:

http://www.bgchrysler.com

Post subject: Computer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks for the response! To solve the hot air problems, I got my hands on a late model Mustang GT hood scoop, cut holes in the hood, thus directing the air right to the filter. I have one of those "import" cone filters mounted right to the valve body. I cut holes on either side of the filter, this way if any water driped in through the scoop, it would not go directly into the filter.

I think you are corrrect and I should bring to a dyno, and get all the perimeters checked.

Thanks again,

Al

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 9:52 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
I cut holes on either side of the filter, this way if any water driped in through the scoop, it would not go directly into the filter.

Pictures?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2005 12:38 am 
LOST Newbie

Hello all, the supercharger idea fell through due to my "sponsor" being a royal d*ck!!! I ended up just selling the dual intake to a buddy of mine because I wanted to do a custom cowl hood but the price wasn't right and I don't have the time to do it myself right now. Besides I just got my bill for my new semester of college and it put me through the roof on expenses again so, once again, I HAVE to sell my KJ so if anyone is interested, price is negotiable, so just let me know please. If anyone can help me sell it there will be a commision in it for you, so please help me out, thank you everyone for your support.

•3 tvs
•2 12" subs
•and a whole lot more!!