It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: AEM filter ?'s
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 7:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey all, I'm looking to replace the conical filter on my K&N FIPK with one of those "non-oil" filters from AEM. I've heard great things about them, like better flow and more protection from off-road dust. But is it true that they never need oiling? (sounds maintainence free; a little too good to be true) Does anyone know what dimension filter (or filter part number) would best fit the application? Any help is greatly appreciated!

245/70/16 Avon Ranger's
Ram-Air gutter mod
Remanufactured Jasper trans
FastMan Throttle Body
Bosch +4 Platinum sparkplugs
Optima Red Top battery
Alpine radio
In the works:
Something to help my pathetic 42RLE. It's just awful...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:56 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Ditto.

245 Firestone Destinations

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (stock)

2014 Yamaha FZ-09
1999 Yamaha VMax
LOSTKJs #124

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:06 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Man it is killing me that Amsoil hasn't made the right size of their Ea series air filters for this application. (i need one too!)
Measure up your current filter (it is some weird size to fit the large air horn deal on the end) and contact AEM to see if they have that size. OR you could lose the air hown and attach directly to the air tube end. Oh and then please post back here what you find out.
If it is similar in design to the Amsoil Ae series, it uses nano-fiber technology similar to the air filters they are using on H1's and some other equipment to keep out the nasty fine dust particles. No oil needed.

03 SFA KJ Sport
LOST JEEPS So-Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 9:58 am 
LOST Member

On my ranger, I have the k&n 77 seres, I replaced the k&n dust magnet with a cone filter from AEM, just measure the hole at the end of your k&n where it conects and order an AEM that size, mine was 3" diameter, there's not much difference in size between the filters themselves, the diameter at the conecting point is the only real concern. No, you don't have to oil them ever, it's a great product, high quality. I have the AEM intake on my focus st and I'm very impressed with thier quality and it doesn't just whitsle, you can feel the difference. I'm going to replace the k&n intake on my truck with AEM as soon as they have my application. Also want the brute force for my kj, but they only go up to 04 and mine is an 06. I don't know if there was a change or if AEM hasn't updated, or if they haven't gotten carb approval for 05 and 06 yet. K&N is getting a lot of bad PR lately, in test they flow excellent, but don't filter well and thats the whole purpose of the filter. the most recent test was in the november issue of jp mag, AEM amd amsoil did very well.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 12:08 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
Hey all, I'm looking to replace the conical filter on my K&N FIPK with one of those "non-oil" filters from AEM. I've heard great things about them, like better flow and more protection from off-road dust. But is it true that they never need oiling? (sounds maintainence free; a little too good to be true) Does anyone know what dimension filter (or filter part number) would best fit the application? Any help is greatly appreciated!

I am looking to do the same thing. I have the "K&N Aircharger". I don't know what the replacement filter for the FIPK is though. Mine is the "RF-1048"
www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RF-1048
It has a 6" id and is also 6" long.

The closest matchs I can find are 6" by 5" and 6" by 9"
http://www.aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=93

tjkj2002 has an AEM filter on his set up,but I don't know which size he need to use.
I would hate to order and it not fit right though.

245 Firestone Destinations

2015 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (stock)

2014 Yamaha FZ-09
1999 Yamaha VMax
LOSTKJs #124

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:51 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

I do have a AEM dry filter on my AFE setup,don't remember the part# I used but I just sat at a Advance Auto and kept trying filters on until one fit.

Post subject: AEM Filter
PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hi, if your looking for the AEM Dry flow filter and you have a brute force intake system go here http://aempower.com/ViewCategory.aspx?CategoryID=93 click on brute force system itll show the original part and the dry flow part #

2006 Renegade
HID 4300k lights
Brute Force Intake