It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fastman tb
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:20 am 
LOST Member

I've heard some of you on here talk about a fastman tb upgrade, where do you get this from, do they have a site or something ? Thanks in advance.

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:40 am 
LOST Member

Heres their site:
http://www.thefastman.com/Throttlebodies37.asp

Hella 500's, Custom CB Ant. Mount
Kenwood X889
Cardomain LOST #221979

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:23 am 
LOST Member

Thanks for the info !!!!

04 ranger xlt sc 4x4, 4.0 sohc, 5-speed, gibson dual sport, cai, udp, bama tune, BFG's, and tru-trac

07 redfire mustang GT, 4.6 3V, 5-speed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:56 am 
LOST Junkie

after messing around with my intake i noticed what a big restriction the very thick lip on the leading edge of the throttle body. (and also the additional thick lip on the top of the rubber gasket, which ive trimmed.)

looking at the fastman modified ones, seems like there is very little done to that area, just a little rounding off of the corners.

seems like you could have that almost knife edged out to the outer diameter and have it taper in to the throttle blades. wouldnt that work much better than how you guys leave them?

having never seen one in person, im guessing you just take the necking down out of the stock ones and make it all the same diameter?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:36 pm 
LOST Addict

Here is the Fastman throttle body.

Here is the 2002 stock throttle body.

Here are both of the side by side.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:22 pm 
Coal Country Wheelin
Coal Country Wheelin

Can you explain the difference KY LIberty between the two. I just ain't seein it. I am pretty decent mechanically just not whe it comes to engines and trannies. Thanks!

2005 Sport with "STUFF"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:40 pm 
LOST Addict

If you look closely, you will see that the Fastman tb has been machined to open it up slightly. The incoming lip is quite a bit thinner. Also look at the blades. The raised black plastic across the center of the stock tb is actually half a cylinder, with it's other half on the back of the blade. The blade on the stock tb is also twice as thick. It won't make a throw you back in the seat difference, but you will notice the difference. You actually don't want anything bigger unless you've made some major modifications.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:07 am 
LOST Junkie

thanks for the pics, much better than the ones on the website

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 11:08 pm 
LOST Newbie

How much of an improvement could someone see from a HP point of view?
I am looking at getting K&N cone filter, TB, Headers (when available) from JBA, exhaust, possibly the pcm flash as well.. how much would i be looking at with these mods?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 3:44 pm 
LOST Addict

How will the TB effect fuel economy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:31 am 
LOST Newbie

More air is never a bad thing.. unless your fuel doesnt keep up with it, or the power it makes is too much for the engine (turbo, supercharger, etc). Milage increases usually with increased A/F, IE filters, TB, upgrade, etc.. only when the computer has to pour fuel into the engine to compensate for the increased air, do you get performance with less milage. Like I said, generally this is true.. Shaving the "bar" on a TB is a common upgrade/mod in most vehicles.. Its amazing what a little bit more air can do ;) I have known some to shave the TB plate too much, making it too thin and it actually bent/broke at WOT.. not good, but this looks to be very well done, something I will def do in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:26 pm 
LOST Addict

Purple wrote:
How much of an improvement could someone see from a HP point of view?
I am looking at getting K&N cone filter, TB, Headers (when available) from JBA, exhaust, possibly the pcm flash as well.. how much would i be looking at with these mods?

Don't do before and after dynos with small modifications. You'll be dissappointed. Just use the dyno when doing big stuff so you don't blow it up. The mods you've listed will open up your Jeep considerably. If you've driven a 4.0 Cherokee, you should feel right at home, or even better depending on how well your combination works together.

Jstodda79 wrote:
More air is never a bad thing.. unless your fuel doesnt keep up with it, or the power it makes is too much for the engine (turbo, supercharger, etc). Milage increases usually with increased A/F, IE filters, TB, upgrade, etc.. only when the computer has to pour fuel into the engine to compensate for the increased air, do you get performance with less milage. Like I said, generally this is true.. Shaving the "bar" on a TB is a common upgrade/mod in most vehicles.. Its amazing what a little bit more air can do ;) I have known some to shave the TB plate too much, making it too thin and it actually bent/broke at WOT.. not good, but this looks to be very well done, something I will def do in the future.

The 3.7's fuel pump does pretty good. My 3.7 was running way too rich at first. My fuel pressure stayed right at 51 psi even with a 100 hp nitrous jet, and a 35 hp fuel jet, at a really rich air fuel ratio of around 11:1 and was still reading over 250 rwhp and over 300 ftlbs torque. You're going to have to do a lot more than intake modifications before you need to upgrade your fuel system.

Post subject: Fastman tb
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:21 am 
LOST Newbie

I have a fastman tb on order...any notable improvements in mpg's from fastman owners?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:27 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

So do you ship the stock intake back AFTER you get the fastman TB and change them out?

Does he credit your card back or what?

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 5:48 pm 
LOST Newbie

Yes on shipping the stock tb back after you change it out...This is the reply I got back from Dan the fastman regarding the credit card question...I guess you get charged the deposit if you don't return the stock tb....

I run 1-2 weeks delivery. Your card is not billed until I ship. Everything
is billed and refunded by Credit Card. Tracking # to follow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:37 pm 
LOST Addict

You just pay for the throttle body and the core charge. Once you get your throttle body from him, you can install it in around 30 minutes with common hand tools. Then you can ship your old throttle body back to him, and he will refund the core charge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:21 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Thanks a bunch everyone.. :)

-Atlantic Blue
-Air Ride Rear Suspension ; OME/Rustys Lift ; Powertrax Locker ; Moog Lower Ball-Joints ; 245/70/16 Yokohama Geolander A/T-S's on MOABS ; Flowmaster 50 SUV
Lost #007082
http://www.cardomain.com/id/jeepjeepster