It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:29 am 
LOST Junkie

i seriously doubt that when they test those products in that magazine that they disconnect/reset the computer and then drive like a normal person while it goes through the 50 starts that it relearns itself.

after installing my intake and exhaust modifications, i immediately noticed mpg gains and over the next few months (i only have to drive a few times a week) it got smarter and smarter, and since i drive like a grandma to get decent mileage and have nowhere to be in a hurry, eventually it even learned how to engage overdrive (4th gear this year) and even lock the torque converter at only 45 mph, where previously it wouldnt do that below 61. now i can cruise thru the small towns i have to go thru at 1600 rpm instead of a steady 2100 like it usually did if you didnt turn the O/D off.

anyways, i bet if they did some sort of procedure so it would learn those 50 cycles, they would have gotten much more than just 3 or 4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:47 pm 
LOST Newbie

Hey folks, That new issue of whatever magazine just verified that the starter of this thread has been known to spread false rumors in the past. Its on the shelf now.

I know it's true cause I heard it from a friend who heard it from friend who saw it written on the wall in a bathroom in Texas so it must be true.

Tarkus is So Lost#000345
KJ Expeditionary Group
31" MT/R's and Rustys lift

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:42 pm 
This member has been Banned

If U been doing what I been doing for 20plus years, you'll know there are no such thing as "false rumors". They are all grounded in some truth.

If you been lookin on the bathroom wall, U must be lookin for a date!!

SOG

All my love...Merry Christmas

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:06 pm 
LOST Addict

ky liberty says,

Quote:
Just do the mods in my signature. The next round is to get JBA headers, and then do the ported heads, 206 cams, fms bluetop injectors, and a custom flash from B&G.

im sure the powerslot rotors, the limited 17 inch rims, ram air hood, 3 core radiator, sensa track shocks, and the destination a/t's give you AT LEAST 100 extra ponies..!

now dont get upset, im just in a joking mood. you have one of the best lookin' libby's on the site, especially the hood. i love that thing!

http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn13 ... ider_2008/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2006 11:10 pm 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Actually, I've heard the ram air hood does quite a bit if you have an underhood intake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 01, 2007 5:40 pm 
LOST Addict

jasonk wrote:
ky liberty says,

Quote:
Just do the mods in my signature. The next round is to get JBA headers, and then do the ported heads, 206 cams, fms bluetop injectors, and a custom flash from B&G.

im sure the powerslot rotors, the limited 17 inch rims, ram air hood, 3 core radiator, sensa track shocks, and the destination a/t's give you AT LEAST 100 extra ponies..!

now dont get upset, im just in a joking mood. you have one of the best lookin' libby's on the site, especially the hood. i love that thing!

Thanks for the compliments.

However, on the joke, the upgraded rotors are necessary to get it to stop. The 17 inch rims with the 245/65R17's and the combination of the sensa track shocks and struts make it handle much better than stock. It's way to peppy for the stock suspension. The radiator was necessary to take care of the common pinhole leak at the top on the driver's side. The hood makes a huge difference. It actually gets me 15% more mpg on the highway. You should have seen the look on the guy's face in the 5.7 Hemi Grand Cherokee I was messing with earlier today. :shock:

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:08 pm 
LOST Member

l would like to mention that those numbers are low becasue the dyno was probably to the rear wheels. 3 hp at the wheels is accually much different than if it was at the crank. there is a lot of power loss from the clutch/torque converter, trans, drive shaft, rear end, axle shafts, and wheels/tires.

3-5WHP on a NA 3.7L is... ok. not great but ok. Like mentioned above, power made from the correct combo of air/fuel and ignition along with a few other things... all they added was air... no fuel (maybe the ecu will add a bit more, but not much) and ignition has not changed.

Smaller car motors I have worked on will see small gains to the wheels from simple bolt ons, but intake and exhaust are gateways for tuning and much more power.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 4:35 pm 
LOST Newbie

plus with the libertys you are losing power by having to push the front axle all the time for those of us with 4x4s,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:20 pm 
LOST Newbie

don't know if anyone mentioned this but... WHEN YOU INTRODUCE MORE AIR INTO AN ENGINE, IT ALONE WILL NOT MAKE MORE POWER! YOU NEED FUEL + AIR + SPARK. This is the common problem with Japanese vehicles (hondas with park benches on the rear deck) If you install an intake and exhaust you are lowering the restrictions for air to flow into the engine. some times to the point were pumping losses in the engine are increased due to the air volume. You need to counter act the extra flow with increased fuel and spark timing. The 3hp gain they netted was i assume just with the intake and exhaust. If a fuel trim regulator was used and tuned properly, those gains surely would have been more. That is not to say install just the fuel trim regulator by itself. For example on a 1.6 sohc honda and intake + exhaust commonly yield 2-3 extra hp. with the addition of a fuel trim computer i.e. apexi afr. and a few dino runs that gain grows to and averege of 10hp through the entire power band not just 3hp peak in one spot. that again is a 1.6 sohc 4 cyl with meticulous factory mapping. Not to knock it but i'm sure there is a lot of power to be found in the 3.7L in our jeeps.