It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 'K&N' question
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:56 am 
LOST Newbie

Hey everyone,

I'd like to get a 'K&N' airfilter for my '05 Rene. Any suggestions where to get the best price?

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:29 pm 
LOST Member

internet is cheaper, you should be able to find one for about 45 bucks. dont forget a recharge kit as well, usually about 10-15 dollars.

Post subject: kit
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2005 9:13 pm 
LOST Member

Do these drop in kits actually have any recognizeable impact on performance or are these marketing?

I put one in my Toyota and no notice at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2005 3:45 pm 
LOST Newbie

They do improve airflow (along with particulate flow into the engine). The filters will give you a noticable small added thrust off the line and make it feel like the engine is breathing better. Some KJ folks say they can feel the differenc in their Libertys. I have not used one in my Liberty yet. I would use one but would restore the OEM filter when wheeling in dirty places.

Personally, I have tried the K&N filters in other vehicles I've owned (95 mustang, 96 ranger, old Bronco 4x4, friend's civic). I really like the K&N Oil Filters (with the removal nut on the end). But, the air filters seem to be better used in areas that are not that dusty. I have read of people using oils and static sprays to help inhibit particulate intrusion.

I wonder if the Baja guys use K&N air filters?

Christopher

28D, Tow Pkg, Fully Skidded, Yummy Leather, Mopar Bug Shield, WeatherFlectors, 5x 255/70R16 Bridgestone Dueler Revo, Husky lined, and a brand new eTool. 2005 EVIC Install Write-Up Coming Soon! Currently (6/07) @ 16,400 miles! (3/07-14,100 miles)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2175805

Post subject: re
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:02 am 
LOST Newbie

i have a K&N FIPK on my 02 liberty, i didnt really notice adifference until a couple of days after i installed it. the pick-up is a little better, i have more top-end and my gas mileage is a little better ( about 2-4 mpg's). I got mine off of ebay for 200, it's the full intake with heat shield, not just the filter.

Hope that helps, alan.

K&N FIPK Intake
a few sounds mods and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:26 am 
Lifetime Member
Lifetime Member

Quote:
have a K&N FIPK on my 02 liberty, i didnt really notice adifference until a couple of days after i installed it. the pick-up is a little better, i have more top-end and my gas mileage is a little better ( about 2-4 mpg's). I got mine off of ebay for 200, it's the full intake with heat shield, not just the filter.

Same here....just slight differance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:38 pm 
LOST Addict

Slight difference, unless you add ram-air. You also need to get your computer flashed and at least upgrade your muffler to get good results. Otherwise, it will help a little, but your seat of the pants dyno will forget about it within about 2 weeks. I get an extra 2-4 mpg with the ram-air on the highway, but even at a 10-15% better effeciency, it would be around 50,000 miles before break even with gas around $3/gallon. If you do the ram-air, do it for performance, or find a much cheaper way than a custom ram-air hood.

Frankenlift II Premium, Al's Upper Arms, 245/75R16 C Silent Armors on Moabs, RL Skink Super Sliders, Rear DTT, Riddler Diff Cover, Fastman Throttle Body, Profinish-Proglass Hood, Borla Dual Outlet Exhaust, TransGo Reprogramming Kit, APS Stall Converter, 4.10 Gears, B&G Chrysler PCM, Lots of Line-X, etc...